Cheesecake Containers

Mar 01, 2006 | From the kitchen of Rose

IRINA QUESTION

Feedback: Dear Rose,

I am so psyched about this blog, you have no idea. I proudly own all of your books and swear by them. The Cake Bible is my enduring source for my home baking business. What an absolute gem!

Recently, I've been asked to supply cheese cakes for a charity bookstore and I thought you might be able to point me in the right direction for individual disposable baking cups. I had in mind something like what Panettone is baked in? A "waxed" paper type wrapper? I figure this would be cleaner and neater to serve to a customer. And who doesn't love their very own cheesecake?!

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer,

ROSE REPLY

I love those little panettone containers, but I personally wouldn't use them for cheesecake, as I like to bake cheesecake in a water bath so that it's at its most creamy. if you used foil custard cup liners you could still use a water bath.

If you want to get the Panettone containers wholesale you'll need to go to a food show where they have packaging or search online. I don't get them in large quantity so I get to mind from la cuisine.

thank you for your appreciation and encouragement!

Comments

Louise Allen
Louise Allen
04/05/2009 11:23 PM

Thank you. I just saw that when I went through the website and Rose explained why things are delayed. Well, it would really be super if Rose would post this recipe. I had in my notes from 2008 Seder to make cousin sybil's pecan torte for our 2009 seder. thank you, Louise

Hi Louise, the new book has not been published yet.

Louise Allen
Louise Allen
04/05/2009 10:31 PM

Rose: I was hoping that you would be willing to post the recipe for cousin sybil's pecan torte. I wanted to make it for Passover. Last year you mentioned it was going to be in your new cookbook. I have, love and use all of your original cookbooks - so buying the new one was not in the budget this year.

What are you making for Passover?? I hope you have a sweet Passover.

thanks, Louise

well for years i varied between the chocolate oblivion and the flourless chocolate almond cake in the cake bible but if i were making a dessert this year (and i'm not--still about 75 postings behind and copy editing starts with a vengeance on monday!)i'd be making cousin sybil's pecan torte which will be in the upcoming book. it is truly fabulous.

Louise Allen
Louise Allen
04/18/2008 11:06 PM

Rose - so what desserts are you making for seder? Curious what the expert baker would be making! Louise

If you are looking for a variety of cupcake papers or panettone cases try
www.beryls.com - they have a great vriety.

Kim - this topic has been discussed in the past - use the search box on the left side of this page (up near the top) - you'll find lots of discussion on the subject.

I have a question about baking your New York cheesecake properly. I think I'm underbaking it (I don't have the best oven) and I was wondering if you know what temperature the middle should be before I turn the oven off and leave it inside for an hour. I know I'll leave an unattractive mark in the cheesecake, but I thought if I tried it once, then I could figure out how long I need to bake it in my oven. Thanks for your wonderful recipes!

you'll need to extrapolate this from the cheesecakes in the cake bible, i.e. the 8 inch versus the wedding cake size.

My sister and brother-in-law volunteered to make my cheesecake wedding cake. Though we have nesting springform pans, we cannot find adjusted baking times for the different sizes. Any suggestions?
Thanks

dana, sounds like it was slightly over-baked.

Jennifer Schmitt
Jennifer Schmitt
06/14/2007 05:46 PM

@Onica
If I may, I make a version of Key Lime:

To make a Key Lime cheesecake, I increase the sugar in Rose's recipe by 1/3 cup, omit the lemon and add 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, 1/4 if it's real key lime.

Jennifer

Dana - btw, when my son was about the same age as your daughter he had a school assignment in which he was to list his 3 favorite things... his response, "cheesecake, cheesecake, cheesecake".

Dana - sounds like you might have either underbaked the cheesecake, or removed the sides of your springform pan before the cheesecake was completely chilled.

My last cheesecake came out with sloping sides.(It was smaller on the top than the bottom) I used your New York Style cheesecake and followed the directions. Was it a little underbaked or overbaked? It tasted great. (I mentioned my daughter in the post above and her love for your cheesecake. She is named Desiree Rose. The name might explain something.)
Dana

thank you--but it's more than i--you obviously have real talent!

Rose, you taught me how to make tiered cakes! I bought the Cake Bible and promptly volunteered to make my friend's wedding cake. I made a white cake with white chocolate frosting and chocolate leaves, and made the Chocolate Oblivion for the Groom's cake. I can not believe how beautiful they turned out! The guests asked for my catering card, LOL. Thanks for such a wonderful book.

omaida hernandez
omaida hernandez
05/02/2007 10:12 AM

I am looking for a double wedge plastic cheesecake container to sell two different cheesecakes flavors, any ideas as to where to get them???HELP!!!!!!!!

sorry--none of the above. but there will be about 7 new and fabulous cheesecakes in the new book!

I too swear by your book, The Cake Bible. I love it! Do you have a recipe for a key lime cheesecake, tiramisu cheesecake, or raspberry cheesecake or turtle cheesecake?

dana, your daughter sounds terrific!

diana, the mousseline is my very fav. buttercream and uses egg whites.

I love the fact that your cheesecake is made without a crust. My daughter doesn't like crust with her cheesecake and of course your cheesecake is her favorite. At every class party she signs me up to bring cheesecake. It is a little different to bring a cheesecake to a party for 4-5 year olds. She knows what she likes.

Actually the eggs are cooked: when you make the buttercream with egg yolks you pour in a sugar syrup that is 238 degrees. I once monitored the temperature of a buttercream as I poured the syrup into the egg mixture and I found that the temperature exceeded 160, the recommended temperature for killing salmonella. If you're concerned about this you could do the same thing: monitor the temperature of your buttercream. You could also make the recipe that contains egg whites only. (I can't remember what that one is called.) It uses a hotter syrup so your temperature will probably be higher, and egg whites are less of a risk than egg yolks.

I just recently purchased your cake bible book and I am inspired by what you are doing. I was reading your buttercream section and noticed that your buttercream recipes were made with egg yolks (not cooked). I know a lot of people who will not eat raw eggs due to safety concerns. Do you have another recipe for buttercream that does not call for egg yolk but equally as good? Should there be concern for making buttercream with egg yolks? Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

I got some individual cinnamon roll cups from a local grocery bakery, I think these would be almost perfect for small cheescakes...though perhaps just a tad too large for "individual" servings.

i always see these things at the fancy food show. my best suggestion for now is that you google them!

I just started a dessert catering business a few months ago, and cheesecakes are my most popular item for sale. Where can I purchase the plastic containers, used by grocery stores, to preserve the freshness of my cheesecakes? The bakery boxes are too big and bulky.

Thanks,
Kelli

it always makes me so happy when i hear that my recipes have actually evolved into a business for someone!

there is a website that has all sorts of amazing things. it's a bit laborynthial but worth the voyage! www.sugarcraft.com

you might also call la cuisine in alexandria 800....www.lacuisine.com

Keli Flewell
Keli Flewell
06/05/2006 10:51 PM

Hello Rose,

Your Cake Bible is amazing; I taught myself how to make wedding cakes using it and now do so as a side business; Thanks!

I'm doing a wedding in August that will be cupcakes...and am looking for elegant cupcake papers. The bride does not want silver foil. Do you know where I might find either clear/sheer papers, or papers that can be monogrammed?

Thanks!

Keli

thanks judy--great to know. coincidentally, i just went to a wedding today where the wedding cake was cupcakes!

Hi - just discovered this blog today (5-10-06). I am also an avid baker and am planning to make some great cupcakes to use at a wedding, making a cupcake "wedding cake". I found individual panettone molds at www.plasticcontainercity.com. There is a $25. min. order and the molds cost around .38 cents each. Hope this helps.

Judy

I
am also looking for panettone papers to bake large muffins in can you help

You can find foil baking pans available in many different sizes online at:
KitchenDance.com