Roses Alpha Bakers

Clarification for Wedding Sheet Cakes in the Cake Bible

Oct 7, 2007 | From the kitchen of Rose

On the master chart for butter cakes on page 490, Level 6 the rectangular pans make only one layer.
also baking time should be reversed, i.e. 35 to 45 minutes for the 13 by 9 inch rectangle, 40 to 50 minutes for the 18 by 12 inch rectangle.

Comments

The baguettes in the Bread Bible don't use a starter for one.

Do all French bread recipes use a sourdough starter? If not, can you recommend a good recipe that doesn't, plus a recipe for basic Italian bread? Thanks!!

TJ, Rose doesn't have an errata page for the new book. The oven temp for the Chocolate Banana Stud cake is 350. Someone else posted this same question and Rose confirmed the temp to be 350. Your guess was spot on. Glad your guests liked it :)

I was looking for a correction for the Chocolate Banana Stud Cake recipe in Rose's Heavenly Cakes, but haven't seen it in the blog. I looked everywhere in the recipe, but the oven temperature isn't there. I assumed 350 degrees, since all the other cakes in the section are baked at that temperature.

Made it for guests and was a bit nervous about the chocolate chips being just too much chocolate, but it was absolutely divine. The banana is subtle and adds a great dimension to the flavor. One of my guests ate his, finished his wife's, and took two pieces home!

How do I keep my chocolate sheet cake from craking when I move it?

thank you so much denise. and uncle ed for reminding me about the cherries. i even entered them in my palm pilot. too immersed in the new book production....!

Denise Schweich
Denise Schweich
11/ 8/2007 06:45 PM

Thank you to everyone who answered my posting. I'll check out the website...I've been searching the web for a long time. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Rose, I love your Cake Bible Cookbook and Pies and Pastry Bible. They're all I use now. Bye for now. Denise

Denise-
Try www.cherrystop.net.
Matthew posted about this site back in July. I've ordered from them this past summer. They sell frozen sour cherries in 20 oz. bags. In fact, I just made a Lattice Cherry Pie on Sunday. It was delicious!!

Denise-
Try http://www.cherrystop.net/
I ordered from them this summer. I just looked and it says they have frozen cherries. In fact this week I just made Rose's Cherry Lattice Pie with them.

i'm sorry to tell you that the only way they seem to be distributed is in huge quantities through food service. i freeze my own each year.

Denise Schweich
Denise Schweich
11/ 8/2007 04:21 AM

Dear Rose,

Do you know where I can purchase frozen, tart cherries? I own both the Cake Bible and Pies and Tarts. In one of your recipes you suggest using frozen tart cherries. I would imagine frozen would be far superior to canned. Thank You! Denise

Denise Schweich