Rose's Alpha Bakers for the Bread Bible

Don't Kiss Me in Public

Jan 12, 2008 | From the kitchen of Rose

I found this photo of me and my newphew Alex taken for my book Rose's Celebrations about 15 years ago! It wasn't the one used in the book so i had to photograph the photograph. but i couldn't resist sharing this with you. Those of you who have ever been a boy of 8, or had a boy of 8, or have a boy of 8 will find it quite familiar!

Comments

Rose,
That is the cutest thing I've ever seen and you do look lovely! I bet MP's Alex will let Aunt Rose kiss him, after all he is only 4!

The Blog looks great by the way!
Hugs to you!
EAK

they have a great tech support line on the instruction booklet.

i just got a zo bread baker and after my first loaf i love it. i wanted to wake up to freshly baked bread, so set it for overnight. it was delicious! the only problem was the beeping at 3 in the morning telling me that it was time to add things if i needed, and our bedroom is near the kitchen. I cant find instructions to turn off the beeping. Do you know?

rozanne, i didn't even try--the photo in the book doesn't show me kissing him.

shannon, your brother will not do the same thing for much longer!

now alex has a little boy--pictured earlier on the blog--the little angel with curly golden hair--and he still loves to be kissed. i know to enjoy it while it lasts!

My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. I am very impressed with the quality of your posts and to that end, I’d like to invite you to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

I also just wanted to say that your blog is such a wealth of information. Thanks so much for maintaining it and bestowing some baking wisdom to the rest of us! And that picture is way too funny, and too reminiscent of my little brother. He's 16 now, and would still probably do the same thing. =)

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com

Great picture Rose. So different from what's in the book. How did you get him to let you kiss him? Did you have to bribe him with another cake or cookies?

one and the same!

Thank you for sharing the photo! The outtakes of the book. The photo seemed familiar to me, almost like the book coming to life, like the books Harry Porter reads with animated picture-video.

Alex, is your nephew in Germany now right?

Ha!!! I love it (so real).

thank you!

to the left of this posting under sites i like, it's coastal goods. let me know if any problem.

I have never posted or blogged before but I was intrigued by the wealth of info shared here. I love to cook, bake - bread in particluar- spent a yr in culinary school. I read about your cake mix kits - where can I buy them?

p.s. you should have seen me with my long braid. my indians friends called me a bleached indian! my hair was down to my knees!

at 24 he's just like the rest of us now!

re the gold tissue sari, i'll need to have someone take a photo of me--wait--it's been so long i'll need someone to remind me how to wrap it and i wonder if the blouse still fits!

Zach Townsend
Zach Townsend
01/13/2008 11:31 AM

I'm sure by now he has a different perspective!

Great photo! He reminds me a lot of my nephew who is 9 now. (By the way...his name is also ALEX!)

what a cute pic! Rose you look soooooooooooooo LOVELY!!! How about posting your photo in the gold tissue saree?

What a darling picture! What does your nephew look like now?

I remember my brother being just like that -- more years ago than either of us would like to admit!