Ganache Frosting

Mar 4, 2009 | From the kitchen of Rose

Comments

Woody Wolston
Woody Wolston in reply to comment from Nora S.
11/19/2011 09:13 AM

Hi Nora,
White chocolate does not combine with cream to give you the same results.It does work as a stabilizer and flavoring for whipped cream for piping or folding into egg whites. Rose has a White Ganache recipe in The Cake Bible. We also use it as a component in the Rose's Heavenly Cakes for a couple of frostings.

Dear Rose,

Can I use white chocolate to make white chocolate ganache frosting as per your recipe? Wll it work?

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Nora S.

Anand Venigalla
Anand Venigalla
09/ 3/2011 08:40 PM

Hi Rose. For making ganache frosting, can I use something called Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Baking Chocolate. I don't own a scale yet to weigh Valrhona's chocolate so I find I More convenient using Ghirardelli Baking Bars. Are these bars suitable for making ganache?

karen, please check out susan purdy's book pie in the sky. she has tested at many elevations and her advice is the best!

I live in Reno, NV.Im at an elevation of 4,500 - 5,000 ft. Everytime that I bake a cake or puddings they don't get done! I end up baking another 20 min or so and still, the center comes out barely done.
Rose, could you please offer me some advice?
Karen
Cotteyk07@yahoo.com

I love watching these! Thanks so much Rose and Hector, they are highly appreciated.

What can I say...Just great! (As always). Life has been a little hectic...and I haven't had much time to spend with my computer. I miss all my baking buddies, especially you, Rose. Hope this finds you well...thanks for the posting.

Thank you again Rose and Hector!

WOW I loved that. Thanks.