heavenlycakes_thumb.jpg

Buy from Amazon: USA | Canada | France | Germany | Japan | UK

Ganache Frosting

Mar 4, 2009 | From the kitchen of Rose

Comments

Woody Wolston
Woody Wolston in reply to comment from Nora S.
11/19/2011 09:13 AM

Hi Nora,
White chocolate does not combine with cream to give you the same results.It does work as a stabilizer and flavoring for whipped cream for piping or folding into egg whites. Rose has a White Ganache recipe in The Cake Bible. We also use it as a component in the Rose's Heavenly Cakes for a couple of frostings.

Dear Rose,

Can I use white chocolate to make white chocolate ganache frosting as per your recipe? Wll it work?

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Nora S.

Anand Venigalla
Anand Venigalla
09/ 3/2011 08:40 PM

Hi Rose. For making ganache frosting, can I use something called Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Baking Chocolate. I don't own a scale yet to weigh Valrhona's chocolate so I find I More convenient using Ghirardelli Baking Bars. Are these bars suitable for making ganache?

Rose Levy Beranbaum
Rose Levy Beranbaum in reply to comment from Anonymous
04/27/2011 11:14 PM

karen, please check out susan purdy's book pie in the sky. she has tested at many elevations and her advice is the best!

I live in Reno, NV.Im at an elevation of 4,500 - 5,000 ft. Everytime that I bake a cake or puddings they don't get done! I end up baking another 20 min or so and still, the center comes out barely done.
Rose, could you please offer me some advice?
Karen
Cotteyk07@yahoo.com

I love watching these! Thanks so much Rose and Hector, they are highly appreciated.

What can I say...Just great! (As always). Life has been a little hectic...and I haven't had much time to spend with my computer. I miss all my baking buddies, especially you, Rose. Hope this finds you well...thanks for the posting.

Thank you again Rose and Hector!

WOW I loved that. Thanks.