For a great tutorial, check out the Baking Bible Bake Along with ROSE'S ALPHA BAKERS. The link is on the left side of the blog. We will also be posting "OUT-BAKES" from the book, on this blog, including step-by step photos and other extras.

Book Signing in Rhinebeck , New York

Jan 14, 2012 | From the kitchen of Rose

Rose's Heavenly Cakes[1].jpg

Ben Fink, photographer of Rose's Heavenly Cakes, has set up a terrific event near his second home in upstate NY, the Bluecashew Kitchen Pharmacy, on February 4th, just in time for Valentine's Day.

Here is the invitation and description of the event.

invitation

Comments

Roanna Clarke
Roanna Clarke
02/ 3/2012 04:15 AM

I was delighted to receive your cookbook Christmas. So far I have only tried your banana cake recipe, but have loved it so much I have made it twice... the 1st time as per your cookbook, and tonight as muffins for my boys to take to school. Sometimes frosting sticks to the lids of lunch boxes, so I added chopped white chocolate to the batter. They were super, thank you Rose!

I've always maintained that if I ever have the good fortune of visiting New York that I would like to coincide it with one of your book signings, Rose.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll have this opportunity. Thank you for all your wonderful books. I'm sure I join the list in waiting with bated breath for your new title.

thank you for pointing this out--it's there now!

Where is the link to the errata/corrections that includes the information on the stud cake? I couldn't find it. The link provided under the categories section doesn't seem to include it.Thanks.

Hi Harold,
We apologize for the error. Production errors are always the nemesis of the author and the reader. Fortunately, the internet offers the ability for authors to include an Errata/CORRECTIONS section on their blogs.We always recommend to check Rose's correction section if you ever have a question on an ingredient's amount or instructions for a recipe. Here is the listed correction.

Preheat the Oven Twenty minutes or longer before baking, set an oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F/175˚C.

This has the same Preheat the Oven as most of the butter and oil cakes in the chapter. It was included on the next printing.

harold tarnoff
harold tarnoff
01/14/2012 04:31 PM

The studded chocolate banana cake recipe' has no instructions for oven heat or oven rack position.please enlighten.

of course! looking forward to seeing you.

sounds great! may i bring my own copy of 'heavenly' (already used several times with much love) for a signature?