Cooking Class at Central Market, Plano, Texas

Jan 16, 2013 | From the kitchen of Rose

On Sunday, February 10th, from 2 to 4 pm, Woody and I will be giving a special Valentine's Day class followed by a book signing. Do feel free to bring books you already own.

Here is how the class appears on the Central Market calendar:

Rose's Heavenly Cakes with Rose Levy Beranbaum

Rose Levy Beranbaum, Award-winning Author of nine cookbooks, including THE CAKE BIBLE; Contributing Editor to Food Arts magazine, the Washington Post, Fine Cooking, Reader's Digest, and Bride's; Blogger at realbakingwithrose.com

(For Ages 13 & Up)

FEATURED CHEF. DEMONSTRATION. Spend an afternoon during our Chocolate Festival with the author of the classic cookbook that has helped thousands of home bakers make exquisite cakes. Rose will reduce the most complex techniques to easy-to-follow recipes right before your eyes. This widely respected "Diva of Desserts" is revered by professionals and home bakers alike for her ability to teach us all to create delicous and beautiful cakes with confidence and ease. She'll review basic baking techniques and offer tips on creating layers of flavor as she demonstrates:

Chocolate Sweetheart Cake (Chocolate Cake with Ganache Glaze,Raspberry Topping & Whipped Cream Decoration);
Deep Chocolate Passion Cake (Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Ganche Syrup, Dark Chocolate Ganche Undercoat & Chocolate Lacquer) ;and
Chocolate Ingots with Caramelized Cocoa Nibs.

$60

To sign up, either click on this link, or call 469-241-8389

See y'all there!!! You will also meet our host, the talented chocolatier Zach Townsend (of the fabulous La Bomba in Rose's Heavenly Cakes).

Comments

Bonnie Brooks
Bonnie Brooks
02/13/2013 11:47 AM

Thanks for a wonderful class at Central Market in Plano. It was great to finally meet you. And I'm still deciding what to bake first from Rose's Heavenly Cakes.
xo, Bonnie

Rose, I hope you will one day visit Colorado. I will definitely attend!

I just requested a day off from work, I am so excited to be there and meet you.

Rose Levy Beranbaum
Rose Levy Beranbaum in reply to comment from Cynthia Renee
01/18/2013 12:17 PM

oh do! it will be worth it just to see fante's--a fantastic store run by a wonderful family which is why i'm doing it!

Cynthia Renee
Cynthia Renee
01/17/2013 08:00 PM

Thank you Woody, I will mark my calendar...and meanwhile consider whether I will get new copies of TCB and RHC. I have abused my copies

Hi Cynthia,
Rose is doing a demo and book signing at Fante's Kitchen Shop in Philadelphia on Saturday, April 20th. She will be showing and demonstrating several of her products from her New Metro Design Dessert Cookware line. You can see her new line by clicking on the box at the top right of the home page.
Details for the upcoming event will be posted on this blog site and on Fante's Kitchen Shop's website under Upcoming Events.
Hopefully this is in your range of travel.
Rose & Woody

Cynthia Renee
Cynthia Renee
01/17/2013 04:30 PM

Wow. I am so jealous, I rarely if ever see these kinds of events in DC/MD/VA area...even Delaware.

Texas is looking forward to having you!