Hector Wong's Debut as an E-Book Writer

Aug 10, 2013 | From the kitchen of Rose

HECTOR.jpg

The inimitable Hector Wong has combined five of his exceptional skils: IT, photography, Spanish translation, and cake baking and cake decorating, to produce his first cookbook: Cheesecakes.

In the words of Hector:

It is to my delight pleasure to share with you, that I have my first cookbook on the market: Cheesecakes by Hector Wong. It is an iTunes iPad exclusive. Click here to buy the book.

The book is available in 51 countries, and includes Spanish translations embedded as a pop up button. Enjoy what I have to say about Cheesecakes, and how I wrote the ingredients measures and instructions. This ebook includes instant and free updates for the few errors it may contain, or for additional photos and multimedia I add as I bake with it over and over again.

If you are in Hawaii please attend the following events (the first event is for media professionals only)

All events held at Cook Space Hawaii, in Ward Warehouse, Honolulu. All events include cheesecake to eat.

1- August 29th, Thursday, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Book media event (for media professionals only). Hector will talk story about the processes of recipe inspiration, recipe writing, and recipe testing. He will also demonstrate the computer tools used to create the book and how social media and instant updates changed cookbook publishing for the benefit of the reader.

2- September 1st, Sunday, 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm. Cheesecake Perfection! class. Hector Wong shares his secrets for making the perfect cheesecake. This class will focus on technique and skills for making three basic cheesecake crusts and batters. Learn to make a cookie crust, crushed nut crust and sponge cake base and three types of batters: basic sour cream, fruit jams and a no-bake batter. Students will make their own tart sized cheesecake to bring home. Click here for more info.

3- September 15th, Sunday, 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm. Spanish Flantastic class. A rich custard made with eggs, milk and sugar, flan is Spain's most famous dessert. Hector Wong shares his family's treasured recipe for making a classic flan and the recipes he perfected for making flan brulee, coconut flan and flan with fresh fruit. Hector is currently working on a flan cookbook and will share his insights and experiences on recipe testing and development. Click here for more info.

Comments

Thx u. It was just meant to be to have this mango cheesecake on the cover. And now that I look at it again, I love it even more. I have been making dozens of this cheesecake for the overwhelming book events I am having just in my home town. I wanna hit national! :)

Roxanne Richardson
Roxanne Richardson
09/ 4/2013 05:56 AM

That is the most beautiful, exotic cheesecake. I wish I could be there to see it done. Congratulations on your ebook. Can't wait to get a copy.

Nur Ainee Muhammad
Nur Ainee Muhammad
09/ 3/2013 09:49 PM

Hi Hector,

Im been a quiet reader all this time.

That pic of the cheesecake is enough to make me rush out and get an Ipad. Really look gorgeous. Im totally impressed.

Congratulations Hector! I wish you tons of success. You absolutely deserve it.

thx for the shoutout Rose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Julie, Woody, Matthew, and Barbie, u are my favorite friends!

i am still enjoying the ride, got the local media exited without even asking. the photo on the paper as you see it on this posting took 3 hours to shot. OMG

all i wanted is share some recipes at my recent mango demo, and i usually don't bring anything to handout, so keeping it "e" i went to the itunes store and posted my book, and now it is a "book" for sale, and it is selling =)

some things that i love about e-publishing, and that i never thought before (hello... i am a new writer), is that i have total control on everything. of course i use some help to edit some of the instructions and the language, and that is coming along so easily from the own book readers. all updates are done free and everone gets the updated book. i can claim my book has been edited and proofread by the people who uses the book =)

ok then, let me sign off, before one of the hardbook people reading this blog gets a little ire against me. i already have one huge negative comment on my blog: "i want a book, not a ibook, not an ebook, not an apple book. tell me where to buy a book" my response "at the present moment, i am itunes/ipad exclusive"

but i really want to say: give me $75,000 and i can have a book for you!

Congratulations, Hector! I wish I could come to Hawaii for one of your classes.

Great news Hector, many congrats to you!

Woody Wolston
Woody Wolston
08/12/2013 12:05 AM

Congratulations Hector and your wizardry from My Yellow Kitchen.

Congratulations, Hector! Those mango rose cheesecakes are gorgeous, can't wait to see the rest of the book:)