Rose's Alpha Bakers for the Bread Bible

Hector's Pumpkin Chiffon Bundt Cheesecake

Dec 3, 2014 | From the kitchen of Rose

For the holidays, Hector is offering this special new "Take" on my cake. He says that it's like eating pumpkin chiffon pie.

PUMPKIN_CHIFFON_PIE_IN_A_BUNDT-09.jpg

My cheesecake ebook has recipes for 3 types of cheesecakes, techniques I learned from Rose! These are: sour cream batters, heavy cream batters, and no-bake batters. I like to use a bundt pan for the no-bake cheesecakes. Un mold it like a jello mold, after dipping the pan in hot water for 2 minutes. The cake serving plate should be chilled in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, so the melting cheesecake runs off "just enough" and sets into irresistible lickable drips.

The recipe is on my ebook. Basically is part pumpkin or other flavor custard cream, part cream cheese, part cream, and part italian meringue. If you don't have my ebook, you can use the instructions on RHC's no-bake cheesecake. The crust for no-bake cheesecakes on a bundt pan is pressed on top of the batter, which when inverted becomes the bottom crust. For my pumpkin take, instead of a cookie crumb crust, I used whole pecans... perfect ocassion to use lots of pecans prior all get exported to China!

PUMPKIN CUSTARD

canned pure pumpkin: 240 g (about 1 cup)
sugar: 25 g (about 2 tablespoons)
gelatin: 10 g (about 1 tablespoon)
ground ginger: 1/2 teaspoon
ground cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon
ground nutmeg: 1/2 teaspoon
salt: 1/2 teaspoon

Stir together all the ingredients. Rest, covered, until the gelatin is hydrated, about 10 minutes. On medium heat, stirring continuously, cook until it starts to darken and thicken, about 10 minutes. Puree with a food processor or immersion blender, until very smooth. Keep lukewarm, covered.

ITALIAN MERINGUE

egg whites: 90 g (about 3)
cream of tartar: 3/8 teaspoon
sugar: 175 g (about 14 tablespoons)
water: 45 g (about 3 tablespoons)

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BATTER

cream cheese: 450 g (about 1 lb)
heavy cream: 465 g (about 2 cups

Comments

Rosa Meggie
Rosa Meggie in reply to comment from hector
04/18/2017 03:03 PM

hello Hector, it says on the recipe that you have gelatin: 10 grams, do you have to use 1/4 cup of water, because it doesn't say????

Hi Rosa, YES.

Hello Hector, I just would like to know because you have the recipe in three parts , dose that mean to do the Pumpkin Custard first and the make the Meringue and fold in the custard, and then the pumpkin cheese batter and fold it in , but follow the directions on page 257, please let me know and thank you.

Thank you Hector for getting back soon. ..:)

hi Rosa, this is a 10 cup pan. and yes, i used the same pan to make the caramel cage. the caramel cage recipe is on the Cake Bible.

Hello Hector, I was just wondering if you could let me know the size of the bundt pans is and about the caramel gage, did you use the same size as the bundt pan....

HI Carol, I am unsure what are you trying to accomplish. The cake strips have no effect on the bottom. All cheesecake crusts are soggy! There are a few tricks such as using a thicker crust so part will be soggy and part not. Adding nuts and butter to the crust also helps waterproof it as the oils are water repellent.

I prefer cheesecakes without crust because I like to focus on the cheesecake batter itself: it needs to be as decilious and appreciated to be enjoyed crustless!

Hi, I’m wondering if it rose’ cake strips would work with Ricotta Cheesecake. I make it every year and even use a pan that is one piece not two and with the Bain Marie the bottom is always soggy. the graham is prebaked so it is dry. I feel that the moisture from the water in the oven is doing that, the ricotta is strained overnight. Any thoughts?
thanks