Special Message from Rose & Woody
Rose Levy Beranbaum
Posted: 05 April 2017 04:05 PM  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2007-11-05

Dear Forum Bakers,

I don’t post on the forums that often, but I thought I’d take a moment to come here and ask you for a little support.

I spend by far the bulk of my time working on cookbooks—new ones, revisions, photography, testing recipes…. My associate Woody Wolston and I are currently working on my 11th book Rose’s Baking Basics.

But in addition to writing books and baking, we put our time and effort into this Web site.  I started this blog 11 years ago and I’ve watched it grow into a wonderful resource, not just for you but for me as well.  The community of bakers here is absolutely unparalleled, and the things I’ve learned and the connections I’ve made have been life-changing.

What is most unique about this site is that it provides an open and free platform for communicating about baking—both on these forums and on the blog itself, where we answer so many questions about baking. We also do regular postings there that cover a wide variety of topics from book production to special baking equipment. We have links to over 150 videos. We have recipes (and discussions about how to improve them!)

The blog originally was given to me by General Mills, and they were the sponsor for several years. When they shifted directions and moved on, we kept the blog free of ads and popups. But that hasn’t been easy, and I want the site to continue to evolve.  So this month, we’ve launched a new program that allows you to show your support by making a small regular donation to keep the site running.

It’s called Patreon, and you sign up here:

https://www.patreon.com/realbakingwithrose

It’s completely optional. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring one, for any amount.  Your patronage will help not only to continue the level of quality but beyond that, we hope to continue to grow and to produce exclusive videos as well as special recipes for our patrons, and to invest in improving these forums as well.  We don’t want to keep anyone from joining the site or from sharing his or her stories and advice. And we don’t want to clutter the site with ads that aren’t relevant. This seems like the best way for us to support you, and for you to show your support for what we’re trying to do here.

I want to keep baking, to keep writing books and to keep running this site for you as well. Even a small gift will make a big difference, and all the funds will be going back into the site.

https://www.patreon.com/realbakingwithrose

Thanks!
Rose & Woody

PM