2 of 21
Welcome to the Forum
Posted: 17 November 2007 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-11-17

Hai, This is Alex from the Netherlands. I love to cook and bake and I hope to see a lot of recipes here as well.

Posted: 17 November 2007 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

Wow, so many new people from all over the globe!  How fun!

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 18 November 2007 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2007-11-18

My name is Tiffany and I live in Gulfport, FL.  Rose, I have been such a fan of yours for so many years and I was so glad to find your site!  I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone here smile

Signature 

“There is no such thing as reconstituted lemon juice, only reconstituted taste buds.” - Bert Greene

Posted: 18 November 2007 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2007-11-18

Good Evening Ms, Rose. Thank-you for starting this culinary website. I am glad to be here & to meet each & everyone of you as well. I am looking forward to learning more about baking & baking science.
  You-all have a good evening now & I will be seeing you-all tomorrow morning.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 18 November 2007 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-11-17

Hi,

I too appreciate this new forum. I am a home-baker and also a fan of Rose’s. I recently purchased Rose’s Bread Bible, not only because of the great reviews, but because she has such a personal-quality about her, which shows on her blog. I have so enjoyed reading the introductions for each recipe in her Bread Bible.

Most of my own baking consists of baking bread. Rarely can I find anything at the supermarket to be as good as homebaked; plus, I cringe over the prices. Unfortunately, I am somewhat physically disabled, yet still no matter what I can’t do… bread is something I CAN do extremely well, and it gives me a GREAT deal of pleasure. Even though I shy away from eating desserts myself (so cakes aren’t normally my thing); I do love to bake pies! I may still invest in Rose’s other books, just for the shear joy of reading the recipe introductions, and most likely the recipe too.

Anyway, I am the designated bread and pie maker, to events that involves bringing food.

Warmly,
Sharon Anne

P.S. Re: http://sugarcraftindia.blogspot.com (Swati, my dear, your creations are simply breath-taking!)

Signature 

Although I don’t have a cooking blog, I do have a personal non-commercial cooking website at http://www.sharonanne.com

Posted: 19 November 2007 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2007-11-17

Thanks for doing this, Rose.  Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Posted: 19 November 2007 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-11-18

Shirley from Greater Boston.  Loving exploring your Bread Bible and Cake Bible!

Posted: 21 November 2007 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2007-11-21

Hi everyone—Joan from San Antonio. This will be such fun. I see a lot of familiar ‘faces’ here. One, however, is conspicuous by his absence: Where are you, Hector?

Signature 

http://bakingsorceressapprentice.blogspot.com

Posted: 22 November 2007 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15
Joan - 22 November 2007 03:59 AM

Hi everyone—Joan from San Antonio. This will be such fun. I see a lot of familiar ‘faces’ here. One, however, is conspicuous by his absence: Where are you, Hector?

Oh hi Joan - Don’t worry, Hector is here.  I think he’s just been busy gearing up for his big holiday feast.  I’m sure he’ll have lots to share with us after the holiday.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 22 November 2007 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2007-11-22

just saying hello, and how happy I am to have found this forum… 

Jenn
on the Eastern Shore of MD

Signature 

If chocolate were a friend it’d be one needing compliance:
but bread on the other hand is a cahtartic, soulful blend of commraderie, chemistry , and respect.

Posted: 22 November 2007 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2007-11-21

Hi Jenn - welcome. My Grandparents were from the wonderful Eastern Shore of Maryland and I spent many happy days there years and years ago. I ordered the memorable ‘beaten biscuits’ from there last Xmas to go with my Smithfield ham, forgetting, of course, that they are hard as golf balls! The children ended up outside throwing them to/at each other!  Joan

Signature 

http://bakingsorceressapprentice.blogspot.com

Posted: 22 November 2007 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2007-11-22

thanks Joan

I’m not originally from here, so I don’t “do” beaten biscuits.. never could figure that out.. but now that I ‘m thinking about it, I should have made my gingerbread house, out of them.. they KEEP forever. 

stick with the buttermilk biscuits… they’re sooooo good with ANYTHING

Signature 

If chocolate were a friend it’d be one needing compliance:
but bread on the other hand is a cahtartic, soulful blend of commraderie, chemistry , and respect.

Posted: 27 November 2007 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-11-23

This has been my favourite website for so long and now through the forums I get to jump on a soapbox now and then.  How very lovely.  I am in Darwin, Australia.  I love cooking and have really enjoyed exploring Rose’s cookbooks.

Posted: 28 November 2007 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-11-26

Hi Everyone, I’m glad to have found this site. Have been a fan of Roses’ for a long time. I have all of her books. Looking forward getting to know everyone and hopfully I can become a better bread baker.
Carol…...Pennsylvania

Posted: 29 November 2007 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-29

jennifer from california, here. you can also find me on sugarbuzz, ebay seller’s central and my favorite duran duran message board!

*waves at patrincia*

love the message boards, rose! don’t let it get too big tho, cuz the best thing of all is hearing from my favorite baking guru…YOU!

hector must be planning a h**l of a feast if he hasn’t chimed in on the forums yet!
lol

jen

Signature 

http://www.ellavanilla.com

2 of 21