13 of 21
Welcome to the Forum
Posted: 30 May 2010 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  146
Joined  2010-03-30

Hi!  My name is Natalie.  I love to run and I love to bake.  Maybe if I ran more and baked less, I’d be a better runner.  Or, at least a lighter one. wink

Posted: 30 May 2010 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2010-04-25

Ha ha, Natalie!  Welcome!  I hope you have as much fun, and learn as much good stuff, as I have here!  I love to exercise, too —I mostly ride a stationary recumbent bike while watching movies, though.  And, oh, do I have to manage excuses to bake, because I’d find a reason to bake every single weekend if I could get away with it!

Welcome again!  Hope you are having a really nice holiday weekend!

Posted: 20 July 2010 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-07-20

Hi there: thrilled to be here. I am Ricardo from Medell?n, Colombia, South Am?rica. I am a huge fan of Rose and want to share with her, and everyone here, what she has inspired us to do. If you check our website, you will see our accomplishements of 4 years of investigation and perfecting of the bundt pan handling. My wife is the artist and she is really the one that has mastered the whole process. I still have some questions for some weird events that happen every once in a while, so I would really like to get in touch with Rose. If there’s anything I can do for anyone, I am available. Glad to be here.

Image Attachments
Castillo de Arena.jpg

Posted: 20 July 2010 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Wow! That is really cute!  Is that sand made of “crumbles”?  I have always felt crumbles could be a dessert unto themselves!  Love the chocolate seashore animals, as well! 

Welcome—looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

Posted: 20 July 2010 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-20

Wow, that was fast, Anne. Actually, the sand is made out of crumbles of pizzelles cookies. Please visit http://www.lapetitemadeleine.com.co for more of our cakes. Nice to meet you.

Posted: 20 July 2010 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Wow!  Pizzelles!  OMG, do I love pizzelles.  We make them every year in my family (from PA), but you never see them here where I live now (NC).  I love them especially when they are a good bit brown.  But no matter how you serve them—from batter, to thin, to thick, butter-colored or burnt—I love me a pizzelle!!!!  Although I do prefer thin to thick.  I will definitely have to scope your site.  Love the name!

Posted: 20 July 2010 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-20

Totally agree with all your appreciations of the pizzelles, especially with the part where you say you prefer them brown and thin. They are such a nice and versatile cookie… Check out this picture of the ones we sell. I am seriously starting to consider exporting pizzelles to NC… LOL

Image Attachments
Pizzelles Grandes  Medianas Planas y Enrolladas.jpg

Posted: 20 July 2010 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07

OMG! I am so blown away! I have a lot of practicing to do.

Welcome to the forum!

Posted: 20 July 2010 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-20

Hi missyjean: Thanks for the warm welcome. Nice meeting you. I have to say in our case it’s been continous trial and error, as well as imagination and looking for the right tools, or even having them done. Anyone have words of wisdom on how to navigate the forum and how to get in touch with Rose, or how to ask her some questions?

Posted: 20 July 2010 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Your pizzelles are beautiful!

Posted: 20 July 2010 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07
La Petite Madeleine - 20 July 2010 08:00 PM

Hi missyjean: Thanks for the warm welcome. Nice meeting you. I have to say in our case it’s been continous trial and error, as well as imagination and looking for the right tools, or even having them done. Anyone have words of wisdom on how to navigate the forum and how to get in touch with Rose, or how to ask her some questions?

In my case it is more error than trial wink  but you certainly are an inspiration.  I look forward to reading your posts

Posted: 20 July 2010 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-20

Thanks, Anne. I’m glad you like them.

JAJAJAAJ, More trial than error. Good one. Thanks for the inspiration comment. If you think there’s something I can help you with, feel free to ask. I don’t know if there’s something I could write about. I was thinking more on getting help here…

Posted: 20 July 2010 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Thank you! Everyone here is pretty knowledgeable.  I hope you get the answers you are looking for grin

Posted: 25 July 2010 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 194 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-07-25

Hi all!

I am new to the forums which I recently discovered after baking out of Heavenly Cakes and doing some research online, I stumbled across Rose’s and this lovely place!

My mother bought TCB when I was only 5 years old so I grew up tasting Rose’s amazing creations. My favorite was the cage of honey around our birthday cakes! smile

When I got married and moved to California, she gave me her tattered and earworn copy and bought herself a new one. When I saw that Rose had a new book, I snatched it up immediately as I’ve been interested in opening a wedding cake business for a couple of years now. I’m still a while away from that, but I’ve definitely found some AMAZING recipes! I bake on average 3-4 cakes/pies per week and take them to work so I don’t gain a zillion pounds.

My current favorite is the Deep Chocolate Passion cake - I am normally a vanilla girl, as I think a vanilla cake beautifully displays the baker’s skill as it is so deceptively simple. However, this chocolate cake is so delicious, I wouldn’t mind making it 100 times over!

I also like to run and knit - both desert-unfriendly hobbies with temps hovering at 115-120 F for 6 months out of the year….....

Posted: 25 July 2010 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 195 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Welcome, Nara!  Wow!  How awesome to have been enjoying Rose’s recipes for so many years—and to have TCB as an heirloom!!!  I only heard of Rose the first time in January when I was looking for a cookbook dedicated to cakes.  Found RHC on Amazon and bought it based on the great reviews, but I’d never heard of Rose or had any idea how special she was.

You’re so lucky to be able to bake as often as you do!  All of my baking is brought to work, as well, but I generally have to wait for a co-worker’s birthday.  You’re the second person who’s recently mentioned how wonderful the deep chocolate passion cake is, so I might have to make that for a January birthday (a chocolae fan).

You’ll have to start photographing all of your bakings and posting them in show-n-tell!!

13 of 21