14 of 20
Welcome to the Forum
Posted: 20 August 2010 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-08-20

Hello! My name is Erin and I am an avid baker, adventurous cook and “tester,” a pursuer of librarianship, and now attempting bread making! I tried a few years back, and my sourdough starter didn’t turn out right, and have not tried since. My new digital kitchen scale (the brand recommended by Rose at the end of her “Bread Bible” book!) came in the mail today, and I just started the sourdough started on page 432 of “The Bread Bible!” I look forward to reading, posting, and replying to posts on here and am excited to learn as much as possible about the art of bread making!

Posted: 20 August 2010 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07

Hi Erin! Welcome aboard! Good luck on your sourdough bread.  I have not tried breads yet but when I do it will be a recipe from TBB.

I look forward to reading your posts

~missy

Posted: 20 August 2010 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3128
Joined  2010-04-25

Hi, Erin!

Boy, if you like making bread, you have come to the right place at just the right time!  Did you see the post under “Blog” where Matthew baked—and beautifully photographed—EVERY recipe in TBB???  It’s really a thing of beauty!

Welcome!  We look forward to hearing about your bread.  O, and you will LOVE your kitchen scale and soon wonder how you ever lived without it!

Posted: 16 September 2010 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-09-14

Hi everyone, I am from Sydney Australia and I am really looking forward to being part of this wonderful site.
Happy baking everyone. wink

Posted: 04 November 2010 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-11-04

Hi, I am from Australia and am loving that I have discovered breadmaking. I usually make a no-knead loaf or slow rise loaves of various types.

I am really looking forward to sharing and learning!

Posted: 04 November 2010 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Welcome, Zebraa!!!

If you like bread baking, check-out this post from Rose’s blog—you’ll love it!  http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/2010/08/the_complete_bread_bible_inclu.html

Looking forward to seeing pics of your fresh breads and hearing about your baking experiences!

—ak

Posted: 04 November 2010 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-10-31

Hi! my name is Aleksandra (I already wrote it in different post). This is the best place to introduce myself.
I am from Poland, but from 3 years I am living in United Kingdom. I am baking for one year, but I have good teacher before (my Mum), although she never let me to bake. Looking how she baking was priceless.
I have to say that all your cakes are incredible!

I would like to say thank you to Rose to create this nice corner and I really love your books.

Signature 

My blog: http://przepisy-aleksandry.blogspot.com/

Posted: 08 November 2010 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-11-08

Hello everyone..I am new to the forum, I am looking forward to chatting with you all and sharing baking experiences…

grin

Posted: 09 November 2010 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Hi Diva! It’s nice to met you. Welcome aboard!

Posted: 29 December 2010 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2010-12-28

Hello to everyone.

I found this forum after searching the internet for reasons why my Christmas cake was a disaster (totally crumbled into bits).  Enough of that.

I am a long time “home cook”.  I have been described by a coworker as a “food purist” because I have long preferred making just about anything from scratch, insofar as possible.

My biggest obstacle is time limitation du to my job.

Just looking at the pictures posted on this forum intimidate me.  I hope to continue to learn a lot here.  I am also a new owner of the RHC book.
Elizabeth

Posted: 29 December 2010 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Welcome,  Elizabeth!

Just looking at the pictures posted on this forum intimidate me.

Ha! Soon you will find they inspire you!  I haven’t made anything as apparently complicated as many of the lovely things you see here, but they always make me want to bake something delicious (if not drop-dead gorgeous)!

I hope to continue to learn a lot here.

Post any question, no matter how small or apparently insignificant!  We all do, and it’s fun, fun, fun!!!

I am also a new owner of the RHC book.

Ahhhhh….another happy camper!  Have you made anything yet?  I got mine just around a year ago and have since received TCB (Cake Bible) as a gift.  Haven’t made any cakes but “Rose Cakes” since then!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your successes and woes, and if you care to, post pics in the Show ‘n’ Tell.  Don’t need to be fancy or anything.  In fact, I’ve got to post pics of some very humble cakes that I did over Christmas soon.  Behind as always!

—ak

Posted: 29 December 2010 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-07

Welcome to the forum Elizabeth.  I’m sure you will love it here

Posted: 31 December 2010 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-28

Well (even though I have been a long-time scratch cook/baker), I made my first “Rose” cake yesterday.  Rose’s Favorite Yellow Layer Cake (from the blog).  A single layer with ganache frosting.  My first ganache.  The texture and flavor of the cake is just perfect.

The cake is wonderful.  I think my ganache is a little too firm.  Maybe it needed a little more cream??  Still, overall…  grin

BTW I LOVE that Rose’s recipes have weights.  I am forever using an online cooking measurement converter to convert some of my existing recipes to weight measures.

I foresee future purchases of all of Rose’s books.  Next in line—the bread Bible.

Posted: 31 December 2010 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-04-25

Congrats on your first Rose cake, Eliz, and your first ganache!  You will likely become an addict quite quickly, making all (or most) other cookbooks supurfluous.

Next in line?the bread Bible.

Hey, if you’re looking at TBB, scope this post!  Matthew baked—and photographed—every recipe in it!!!

Looking forward to hearing more about your baking!

Posted: 31 December 2010 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-12-28
Anne in NC - 31 December 2010 08:05 PM

Congrats on your first Rose cake, Eliz, and your first ganache!  You will likely become an addict quite quickly, making all (or most) other cookbooks supurfluous.

Next in line?the bread Bible.

Hey, if you’re looking at TBB, scope this post!  Matthew baked—and photographed—every recipe in it!!!

Looking forward to hearing more about your baking!

Wow!  I am impressed (to say the least).

14 of 20