20 of 20
Welcome to the Forum
Posted: 11 January 2013 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 286 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-01-11

This seems to be an old thread, but it also applies to me the most.. so here goes.. Hi, I am new to this forum and web site. I have been baking for, well, years and years. I have been concentrating on improving my cake decorating skills (will post latest wedding cake when I figure out how to do that). I thought I was a good baker, and I probably was. But last year I purchased Rose`s Cake Bible, its not a recipe book, its a culinary education! And I have improved about 200%. So, all of Rose`s books are making it into my library. Most recently I added Heavenly Cakes, and last night presented a Chocolate Oblivion with raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries and whipped cream to my church choir for one member’s birthday. They were all grateful for my finding Rose`s books!
I am looking forward to spending time with you all!
              Happy Baking!

Posted: 11 January 2013 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 287 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

Welcome, carrieNJ!  Can’t wait to see some of your projects smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 14 January 2013 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 288 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2012-05-23

Hello carrieNJ, welcome to the forum! smile

Signature 

The way to man’s heart is trough his stomach!

Franchise Takeaway

Posted: 02 June 2013 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 289 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-06-02

Hello! I’m Bridgett, I’m new. I’m 15 and I have been baking constantly for a few months now. smile

Posted: 07 June 2013 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 290 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2012-05-23

Hello, welcome to the forum and have a nice time here! smile

Signature 

The way to man’s heart is trough his stomach!

Franchise Takeaway

Posted: 12 June 2013 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 291 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2013-06-12

hello my name is Catherine. I consider myself an amateur baker. I found this site through Epicurious, and hoping to get some useful information here that may make me a better baker!

Posted: 12 June 2013 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 292 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1148
Joined  2009-11-24
sweetcate - 12 June 2013 07:58 PM

hello my name is Catherine. I consider myself an amateur baker. I found this site through Epicurious, and hoping to get some useful information here that may make me a better baker!

Hello Catherine…. Welcome.  I can certainly attest that hanging out here will make you a better baker.  I get lots from just browsing the old post and get answers when I post a question myself.  Do feel free to ask and do share photos etc. of what you do.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 26 June 2013 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 293 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-06-26

Hello, my name is Anita and I have enjoyed baking for 25+ years.  I have been making “bakery-style” cakes for my family for 14 years to save a little money smile and and found that I really enjoy it. This past weekend I found a copy of The Cake Bible in my mothers garage sale and snagged it for my own. I am very eager to try the recipes, as someday I would like to start a cupcake business. (My husband thinks we should try one recipe a day (: ). I want to start by making the Classic Buttercream Frosting but I am having trouble finding pasteurized eggs. I live in Alaska and some things are hard to get. I’m wondering if I can substitute the pasteurized liquid egg product in the recipes?

Thank you. Can’t wait to get started!
Anita Cake

Posted: 03 July 2013 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 294 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-07-03

Hello, everyone!

I love to cook - but I never really considered myself a baker until recently.  About 5 years back, my little sister asked if I’d bake her a cake from scratch for her birthday.  How could I say no?  So I did, and it turned out not-disgusting, and then my brother asked for one, and then my wife, and then my in-laws… and now, I bake probably 5-6 cakes a year every year.  Not many for someone in the food industry, certainly, but a lot for a young college professor who never imagined himself using things like parchment paper and lemon curd!

Although my meals and desserts tend to taste pretty damn good if I do say so myself, I’m still very inefficient in the kitchen, using just about every pot, pan, and dish we have and taking hours to prep everything - by contrast, my better half can generally do the same things I can in 15 minutes with one frying pan, LOL!  Really, baking cakes is the only thing I’ve got over her - she only makes pies. =)

So thank you in advance whatever help you end up giving my slow, backwards self… nice to meet you!

BakerBoy

Posted: 04 July 2013 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 295 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4741
Joined  2008-04-16

Welcome!  Looking forward to hearing more about your projects smile

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 10 November 2013 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 296 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-11-10

Hello,

My wife runs our family bakery shop, and my self I had recently got into reselling of commercial mixers and other equipment based on consignment agreements.  Just waned to say Hello!
Great site!

Signature 

Shake’n'Bake!
My Commercial Dough Mixers

Posted: 29 November 2013 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 297 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2013-11-13

Hello,

My husband (Jacob) and I are really happy to be on Rose’s Discussion Forum. We have been posting regularly on the Show and Tell Forum.

We are both around 70 years old and live in a small town near the Arctic in Finland. He is an Indian and I am a Finn, and we are known as the Findians. We have been married almost 47 years.

I am an artist and one of my greatest thrills has been to design cakes, not the traditional top hat or rectangular cakes, but cakes with shape and form which thrill the intended victim. For almost 40 years I have made all sorts of cakes and have been winning many competitions!

They can be categorised into the following categories: Ginger Bread Creations, Pond and Mountain Cakes, Mosaic Cakes, Birthday and Wedding Cakes and my Artistic Creations.

Our book “Edible Art” was released a few weeks ago as an eBook and also as a Paperback.

But we are not happy with the Paperback but really thrilled with the eBook. It is so wonderful to read it on an iPad where you can flick through the pages just like a regular book.

The photographs were handled by a friend of ours who is a professional and he has done an excellent job on all the pictures he handled. The textt in English was done by Jacob.

We are re-planning the paperback as the present one is rather cramped and needs to be given more body and space to really get the best out of the pictures and text.

The hard cover Coffee Table Book is now under preparation as that is the one which will go to libraries and teaching institutions. Unfortunately this will be too expensive for general public release.

The Finnish eBook is being handled by a professional publisher and marketing constant and will feature a video about me and my life story.

I love making cakes. Our grandchildren who live in England come to Oulu for their holidays and I love teaching them my techniques. They have made some delightful cakes.

Thank you for giving us this forum to share our experiences.

I welcome criticism as that helps me design better cakes.

I do run a blog called “Art By Annkki” at http://artbyannikki.blogspot.com where besides my cakes, my paintngs, interior and exterior decor, my gardens and snow creations are also featured. Welcome.

Regards

Annikki Matthan (and Jacob)
Oulu, Finland

Image Attachments
JMAM_LaplandWebReady.jpg

Posted: 06 March 2014 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 298 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2014-02-08

Hi there, I’m new here, and I very love sweet thing, especially chocolate, everything about chocolate, I love it.. but more love it if chocolate for drink.. hot chocolate.. love it :thumbsup:.. sorry.. :clap: excited to share with you guys about my thing. hehe

Now I try searching variety chocolate to make it or recipes from you guys. and I really want to know how to make delicious hot chocolate and decorate face on it. smile
Here my website to collect every kind of recipe about chocolate to my future use and to share with other people who love what I love it. wink Hope can get your support and comment to improve my website.

Here my website: http://www.chocolatelovebook.com

MNasiruddinZ tongue laugh

Signature 

Chocolate Lover

Posted: 14 March 2014 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 299 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-03-14

Greetings my name is saravana from india.. Interested in Baking and Cakes

Posted: 14 March 2014 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 300 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1148
Joined  2009-11-24

Well, welcome you are in the right place.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

20 of 20