Twitter:  https://twitter.com/ButterYum
Pinterest:  http://www.pinterest.com/butteryum/
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/ButterYum.ATastyLittleFoodBlog

Posted: 04 December 2007 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-12-04

I’m in heaven, Food & Friends!  Is there a better combination?  Nope. smile

I’m in north Texas, hail originally from Colorado, but have been lucky enough to live in AR, OK, LA and HI.  My second kiddo is graduating this coming year and my other has flown the coop.  Recently I discovered sourdough and the rest is history.  In my former life I was the Cookie Queen.  From that life I captured the title of Quick Bread and Muffin Lady.  But now that the bread bug has hit me I will forever alter all that came before….just watch me….hehehehe.  Seriously, I thank you, Rose.  This is a WONDERFUL treat!  We will be sharing our joy of joys with each other and gaining more than hints and tips, friendships will be molded, shaped and served up, in honor of your efforts. grin

Posted: 04 December 2007 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-12-04

Greetings to All,
I have been baking since 1964 and I am still at it. Born & breed in Brooklyn, NY where a bakery was part of every neighborhood and folks took their baked goods seriously.
Learned to bake my 1st cake from my Godmother Sylvia (Cream Cheese Pound Cake).

Posted: 11 December 2007 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-12-11

Hi Rose and Everyone!

What a brilliant idea!!  It seems Rose’s blog entries always turned into threads - this is a much easier way to keep it organized!  I’ve only posted a few questions here and there but am really excited to see what everyone’s up to and be part of the forum more, less observation.  I am an Assistant Pastry Chef in the Boston area (and Cake Decorator from home!) and am looking forward to learning more from everyone.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Marissa

Posted: 11 December 2007 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  607
Joined  2007-11-18

MARISSABROSE, Welcome to the forum. I look forward to learning more about baking from you. I hope you will be very active
in the forum. I look forward to reading your postings. Enjoy the rest of the day.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 12 December 2007 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2007-11-22

welcome marissa…  where are you in MA?? I used to live/work on nantucket…. now cheffing on the eastern shore of MD..

Signature 

If chocolate were a friend it’d be one needing compliance:
but bread on the other hand is a cahtartic, soulful blend of commraderie, chemistry , and respect.

Posted: 12 December 2007 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-12-11

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Clement-I live in Quincy and work in Newton Centre.  Nantucket!!  I love the Cape-but personally wouldn’t want to live there full time-I like being close to Boston.  But, definitely love visiting!

FreshKid-Thanks, I’m looking forward to learning from ALL OF YOU!!

Happy Holidays everyone!
Marissa

Posted: 29 December 2007 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-12-29

Hello! This is Cecilia from Macao. I just get your books “the cake bible”  and “the bread bible”.

Posted: 08 January 2008 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2008-01-07

Hello everyone, my name is Holly. I’ve already posted a couple things in other areas.

I just wanted to say thanks to Rose and the site administrators for setting up the forums; like many good ideas it seems obvious in retrospect. In the old system, each blog entry would become a long, long discussion with wandering topics, and people asking questions, etc. Which was ok, but a forum is a much better paradigm for that type of interaction and will be easier to read, search, and post new topics to for us.

Anyway, nice work, and thanks a lot for running this blog and publishing such great books!

-Holly Gates
Somerville, MA

Signature 

http://tooling-up.blogspot.com

Posted: 05 February 2008 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-02-03

Hi, All!!!

This is exciting!  I’m a newbie!

I’m a cake designer in NYC.  I just moved here a year-and-a-half ago from Ohio, where I worked with Jan Kish (see her website on Rose’s links) for several years.

I have to say this is such a GREAT thing here.  Its so nice to share ideas and get advice from everyone.  A zillion brains are better than one, right?  smile

Posted: 17 February 2008 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-02-17

I found this site on Google while looking for the correct way to make Bananas Foster. I love to cook and bake bread! Especially for friends. I’ve made my own breads since 1992 with a bowl and a spoon. A friend loaned me her bread maker; I gave it back to her. I figured I would learn the true way of feeling the dough and flour. My daughters loved it.
I don’t have the time I used to have in the kitchen, so on the weekends I try to make time to entertain. Well, last night I experimented with Bananas Foster and to my surprise I found I need a lesson in dissolving brown sugar in the butter. It never really dissolved, most of the recipes leave out the teaching of the time and what the true consistency of the sauce should be. Someone please help with the details.

Posted: 09 March 2008 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-08

Hi! I am new to this website. I don’t know if I can help, but maybe I can learn from others. I like to bake as well as cook.

Posted: 11 March 2008 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-11

hello. i don’t often use capital letters very often.  i used to bake everyday until my health changed all that. but i still get cooking magazines and join some cooking sites.  my kids would take their teachers things i had baked. i still love baking. i am exercising so my arms will be strong enough to do all that baking entiles. i have loved Rose’s books and used them alot. i gave many of them to my son. i am glad he has them; but my notes were there and they were great reads; and re-reads.

Posted: 26 March 2008 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-16

this is so amazing. to be able to visit with people who love to do the same things and have a passion for baking.Thank you to all that are a part and willing to take the time to ask and answer questions.The questions are just as valuble as the answers. thank you Rose

Signature 

When I get to Heaven. I want to live in the Kitchen!!

Posted: 27 March 2008 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-02-29

Hello all , from Canada

I feel twice lucky.  Firstly, discovering Rose’s books and then, her offspring…this site!!  Thanks Rose.

3 of 21