6 of 21
Welcome to the Forum
Posted: 18 March 2009 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2009-01-22

Hello AnneH and momof10. Welcome to the forum. I’m fairly new here, too, but in the short time I have been here I have received a lot of help from some super friendly people here. I think you’ll really like this place. I do and I’ve only been here for a little over a month.

I have to admit, though, I am very impressed you folks have the time to bake cakes and be here on the board getting/giving help when you have kids, especially ten of them. I have two cats and quite frankly they can be a real hand full. My hat’s off to all of you who have managed to find that balance

Have fun baking and I’ll see you folks around the board.

~Matthew smile

Posted: 20 March 2009 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-29

What balance? We stay up all night covered in butter cream! lol

Signature 

http://www.ellavanilla.com

Posted: 20 March 2009 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15
jen68 - 20 March 2009 04:39 PM

What balance? We stay up all night covered in butter cream! lol

Ha!  I resemble that remark!!!
smile

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 22 March 2009 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2009-03-17

Patrincia and Jen,
Loved the replies!! We had 9 of our 10 kids (plus partners and grandkids) over for a game night last night and it was so loud we could barely hear each other as we played Pictionary.  LOL  It was guys against gals… the gals won, of course!  Brains against brawn - now there’s balance!  tongue wink Momof10

Posted: 22 March 2009 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2009-03-14

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I use the baking as a creative grown-up outlet. Plus, my little ones like to help me bake (for a few minutes at least). Momof10, how old are all of your kiddoes? I’m impressed!!

Signature 

Anne

Posted: 23 March 2009 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-17

Anne,
  When my older ones were little, they too ‘helped in the kitchen - it was great fun. I have a cherished picture of our 27 year old daughter when she was about 2, sitting in a sink full of dish water… diaper and all! LOL That same daughter now loves to bake, pies being her favorite. Our oldest is 31, the youngest 13. We have one every odd year in between. 6 girl’s and 4 boys. 2 are married.  It was great fun when the youngest was a baby… A couple of times I had the opportunity to go somewhere with just the oldest and youngest (both boys). People thought we were married and the baby was our first!!  smile Kids are great, they keep you young! Have fun with them every day.  Momof 10

Posted: 23 March 2009 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2007-11-15

I second that !  Just enjoy your family while they are young, they grow up so quickly!  My husband is one of ten, he has lovely stories of when they were all at home together,  I grew up as an only child but had a sister when I was 15, too old to enjoy her i think.  We have 3 children, two of them twins, all grown up now, their childhood seems so long ago.  Sometimes I wish I could turn the clock back. smile

Posted: 23 March 2009 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Welcome momof10!!! You are my hero. I cannot imagine having 10 kids. I only have two.

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 24 March 2009 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-17

Rozanne, 
    It takes 24 hours a day no matter if you have two or twenty-two!  So, never say ‘only two’ when speaking of your children…  smile 
    I admire you for sacrificing your time and talents and possibly health to bring two more beautiful spirits into the world.  I have friends that have but one beause of health concerns - you just never know. I was fortunate enough to really enjoy being pregnant,  never got sick and didn’t have to fight to lose weight! Can you imagine?!
    What kind of things do you enjoy baking for your family? What are their favorites? I think my family most enjoys bread and pies with cookies a close runner-up.
Have a great day and enjoy your family!  smile Momof10

Posted: 24 March 2009 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-18
momof10 - 24 March 2009 02:18 PM

Rozanne, 
    It takes 24 hours a day no matter if you have two or twenty-two!  So, never say ‘only two’ when speaking of your children…  smile 
    I admire you for sacrificing your time and talents and possibly health to bring two more beautiful spirits into the world.  I have friends that have but one beause of health concerns - you just never know. I was fortunate enough to really enjoy being pregnant,  never got sick and didn’t have to fight to lose weight! Can you imagine?!
    What kind of things do you enjoy baking for your family? What are their favorites? I think my family most enjoys bread and pies with cookies a close runner-up.
Have a great day and enjoy your family!  smile Momof10

When I said “only two” I meant as opposed to ten. I call my kids “my oxygen”...........without them I would die. It’s true. My dream was to have four kids. Oh well…........ My kids’ favourites are cakes and cookies. I don’t bake bread as often as I’d like to. I’m always in the kitchen cooking or baking.

Signature 

Posted: 24 March 2009 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15

Wanna trade Rozanne?  I have 3 teens and a tween? 
wink

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 24 March 2009 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-18
Patrincia - 24 March 2009 10:11 PM

Wanna trade Rozanne?  I have 3 teens and a tween? 
wink

Sure I’d love that! Although I don’t think you’d want a 5 1/2 year old and a 3 yr old.  LOL

Signature 

Posted: 24 March 2009 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15

Piece of cake!

smile

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

Posted: 24 March 2009 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-17

Man O man… I agree. Give me the preschoolers any day!!  grin When they grow up, their problems just get bigger. On the other hand, it’s indecribable to see your daughter have children of her own and to share the emotions of motherhood with her. And I do adore my grandkids. And you know, I get a better nights sleep on most nights. So really, I wouldn’t go backwards for anything.
Rozanne, you mentioned cakes - do you make them from scratch? I hate to admit it here, but I usually resort to a mix. (Please don’t ban me from the site!)  LOL  Have fun with what’s left of your day - Momof10

Posted: 24 March 2009 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-15
momof10 - 24 March 2009 10:59 PM

Man O man… I agree. Give me the preschoolers any day!!  grin When they grow up, their problems just get bigger.

And their attitudes… and let’s not forget that their messes get bigger too wink.  Oh the joys of parenthood smile.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

6 of 21