I made these last weekend and they were a HUGE hit. Literally, gone in seconds. And the recipe was asked for by everyone at the party. They are easy to make, and they freeze perfect.
I thought i would post them up here in case anyone else wanted to make them.
Bacon Tomato Cups (I got them online and made some changes) This is the original recipe..makes like 30+ cups
16 slices bacon
2 tomato, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoon dried basil
2 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon into a medium mixing bowl, and mix with tomato, onion, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise and basil.
Separate biscuits into halves horizontally. Place each half into cups of the prepared mini muffin pan. Fill each biscuit half with the bacon mixture.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven , or until golden brown.
** My changes were:
2) Used sweet onion
3) used a little more basil (2 heaping teaspoons..can’t go wrong with basil)
4) Used way less mayonaise, about 2T and then used about 1/8-1/4c ranch dressing, just enough to moisten everything
5) Used Mozzarella cheese instead of swiss
6) Cut the biscuits in quarters, halves are way too much to fit in the mini muffin pan
7) Chopped bacon up first, THEN fried it.