2 of 2
Star Spangled Rhapsody (Strawberry Version)
Posted: 30 April 2009 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2009-04-24

Hector, you are so right about the lack of sleep.  That is my biggest issue with going to school in the evening and working full time.  I have classes from 6pm to 11pm 3 nights a week and I still work a full 40 hours.  I am enjoying school though and looking forward to graduating.

I did see your chocolate roses.  They look beautiful.  I think I will do some experimenting with those.  Chocolate will taste so much better than Royal Icing.  I can use them for a cake that I’m baking for a dear friend’s 40th birthday party in a few weeks.

Posted: 30 April 2009 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2007-11-15

I turn 40 next month and making my own cake!

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 01 May 2009 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-05-01

Amazing first cake. You go girl cool smile

Posted: 01 May 2009 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4797
Joined  2008-04-16

Hector, what are you planning to make?  Hope you’ll share the process with us!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe

Posted: 01 May 2009 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2009-03-14

Jess,

That’s a beautiful cake - you’ll be amazing after your classes are over if you’re already that good at the beginning. I look forward to hearing as you head towards opening a shop. It’s something in the back of my head, so please share as you go along!

Signature 

Anne

Posted: 02 May 2009 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2009-04-24

Thanks, Anne and Betsy!

Anne, I’ll keep you posted on progress on opening a bake shop.  I won’t finished with school until the end of the year.  But I am planning on doing a “bakeshop crawl” on weekends to get an idea of what is being sold and how the places are laid out.  I’d like to start getting my thoughts around what I will have in my bake shop.  My last quarter this year has a class on “Business Planning for the Food Service” industry so I want to be able to put together a real business plan by September that can be critiqued by my instructor in class.

The hard part is transitioning from my current job (IT project manager) to doing this full time.  Not sure how to handle that yet since I have a mortgage to pay.  I’ll cross the bridge when I get there.

Jess

2 of 2

‹‹ CURRANT AND LEMON SCONE      My bread rolls ››