2 of 2
Boston Creme Cupcakes
Posted: 02 May 2009 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2007-11-18

SKI#9:
  Hello again. Thank you for the quick reply. I have spotted the problem Ski. It is not your fault you sustained a failure… the failure lies in the recipe. Ski, as you know the cake structure is predicated by the flour & eggs, hence the weight of the eggs & any liquids should then equal the weight of the flour. The 1.5 cups of flour weigh approx. near 7, oz. The weight of the eggs are 3, oz….. 1 egg is 1.75, oz. & 2, yolks weigh .0625,oz. each=3, oz. Also Ski, if this isn’t enough the weight of the eggs should equal or be greater than the weight of the fat (Butter+ sour cream=4.5, oz.) There is a tolerance of about 15% to 20% in the weight of the ingredients.  Ski, if you do this recipe again just add 2 more whole eggs & you will have a BAKED CAKE.
  Ski, I hope all this info helps you. Enjoy the weekend.
PS: Ski, in this recipe consider employing bleached flour, such as Gold Medal or Pillsbury all purpose.

~FRESHKID. cool hmm

Posted: 02 May 2009 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  915
Joined  2009-01-04

Wow thanks for that info. Why can’t people just write recipes correctly??? haha. I don’t know if i will ever try this recipe again though!

Posted: 02 May 2009 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2007-11-18

GIA:
  Good afternoon. I will try to help you get the yellow cake recipe you hope to get…. lets see maybe we can get one on our own hook rolleyes  Look for a 1,2,3,4 cake recipe in one of your baking books.
All that is is the following:  1, cup butter,  2, cups of sugar,  3,cups of flour,  4, eggs.
  This formula is from the old colonial days here in America.  It does lend itself to variations in additions to suit your tastebuds.
  If you think you would like to try it & you would like to discuss it further…I will be here.
  Good luck & enjoy the weekend.

~FRESHKID. cool hmm

2 of 2

‹‹ Cake Rings for little cakes      Cocoa Powder ››