Whipped Ganache for chocolate groom’s Cake
Posted: 01 May 2009 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-05-01

Hello.  First time here, and I am in need of advice. A friend’s “husband” has requested a chocolate cake with whipped ganche filling covered in chocolate Italian meringue Buttercream drizzled with ganache as his groom’s cake.  I have never made whipped ganache or Italian buttercream.  I have made birthday cakes, but I used to always use the wilton recipe buttercream that calls for Crisco.  I can’t stand that greasy stuff.  I am not intimidated by the request.  Rather, I am honored and inspired.  Below are the questions I have.  Please help.  Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Whipped Chocolate ganache:  How to keep it from seaping out the sides? and will it last for four hours without falling apart and causing cake to slide?

Italian meringue Buttercream: I saw the video by Cake Love on Youtube, and it seems fairly easy.  Will it hold up also, and how do I incorporate the chocolate?

Drizzled Ganache:  Will it hold on Italian Butercream without causing the buttercream to fall?

Thank you for you time, and I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Posted: 02 May 2009 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2007-11-24

I have tried making Italian meringue twice and so far have not been very successful. Part of the problem is that I am using a hand mixer, though. I would recommend making some test batches first! Actually, a smaller practice cake is always a good idea…

Hope some of the other folks on the forums can help with your other questions.

Signature 

Please visit my blog:
Bungalow Barbara

Posted: 02 May 2009 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-05-01

Thank you for the advice.  I made it today, and it came out very good and smooth.  I look forward to using it again.  Thanks again! I do think that my KA helps a lot.  My husband found it for me on sale at Sears a few years ago.  Great investment!  Hope your next batch comes out better.  Have a great evening, and again thanks! May God bless you!