Help please on finding a Pain de Mie Pan, Lid Only
Posted: 07 May 2009 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2009-04-01

I was curious if anyone might be able to help me out here.  My wife was lucky enough to inherit a very old Pain de Mie Pan from her late great grandmother, who used it almost everyday to bake bread for her family.  It is in great condition, however there is one problem, it has no lid.  We have attempted to bake the recipe given in the bread bible numerous times without the lid, using various flat objects and weights to hold the bread down, but it always seems to surge forth, lifting with epic strength that would put most Olympic lifters to shame.  Anyway,  I was curious if anyone might have any leads on a Pain de Mie Pan lid.  I’ve done a bit of internet sleuthing myself, but haven’t found just the lid for sale.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted: 08 May 2009 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2009-04-01

Thanks a lot!  I’m not crazy about the insane shipping and handling price tag, but its still cheaper and just plan nicer to buy just the lid for the inherited one.  We were worried it was going to get turned into a bookend.  Thanks once again for the point in the right direction.

‹‹ Cinnamon Bun recipe      sourdough too sour! ››