mango buttercream
Posted: 18 December 2007 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-11-18

can anybody tell me how i can make mango buttercream based on rose’s classic or neoclassic buttercream… thanks…  and have any of you tried the white velvet cake from the cake bible? is it yummy and moist? and does it go well with mango buttercream… hope u can help

Posted: 18 December 2007 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2007-11-18

I’ve never tried mango, but I imagine you could probably beat in some mango puree at the end as long as it wasn’t too runny.  I’ve successfully used seedless jams to that end.  The white velvet cake is not one I’ve tried (although I probably should remedy that at some point!).

Signature 

“There is no such thing as reconstituted lemon juice, only reconstituted taste buds.” - Bert Greene

Posted: 18 December 2007 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Try the White Velvet cake, it is so good. I have made it several times and it always turns out “yummy and moist”. Although I have to say this description applies to all of Rose’s cakes.
Rose recommends any non-chocolate buttercream, glaze or fondant, so the mango buttercream will work well with it. I have made mango buttercream using mango puree. I follow Rose’s directions for Fruit Mousseline on pg 245 in the Cake Bible. The brand of mango puree I use is “Les Vergers Boiron”. It is from France. Hope this helps.

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 18 December 2007 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

I agree…white velvet cake is YUMMY!  and works well with fruit buttercreams!  Enjoy!

Posted: 13 January 2008 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-11-24

I believe mango would be really yummy in a buttercream!  I have also tried the white velvet cake frosted with Rose’s Neoclassic buttercream.  I glazed the cake with some raspberry syrup.