Tube Pan Conversions?
Posted: 12 June 2016 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2016-05-04

Hey everybody!

I’m curious if some of the recipes for tube pan cakes can be converted to layered cakes. Particularly the Golden Lemon Almond Cake from Rose’s Heavenly Cakes appeals to me for this purpose.

Does anyone know if these tube pan recipes would work in a two 9” round pan layered cake format? If so, how do you figure out the scaling up or down? Most of the tube pan recipes are for 10 cup pans, and I don’t know how to calculate volume for 9” rounds and all the appropriate conversions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 13 June 2016 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4698
Joined  2008-04-16

This is one of my all-time favorite Rose recipes! For layer cakes, I tend to just use a scaled version of the wedding cake batter in the back of the book. Happy Baking!

Posted: 15 June 2016 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2007-11-18
CarlosMarquina - 12 June 2016 08:13 PM

Hey everybody!

I’m curious if some of the recipes for tube pan cakes can be converted to layered cakes. Particularly the Golden Lemon Almond Cake from Rose’s Heavenly Cakes appeals to me for this purpose.

Does anyone know if these tube pan recipes would work in a two 9” round pan layered cake format? If so, how do you figure out the scaling up or down? Most of the tube pan recipes are for 10 cup pans, and I don’t know how to calculate volume for 9” rounds and all the appropriate conversions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CARLOS my friend. I would have thought that by now someone would have stopped by to help you with your inquiry.
Right now I am busy helping others in other baking clubs I belong to that need my help.

I hope someone will stop by to help you out soon… it really is easy enough..it is a no brainer. Enjoy the rest of the day my friend.

~FRESHKID.