Mousseline and the heat…
Posted: 23 May 2009 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2008-11-03

What’s the hottest you’ve used it? It was in the mid 80’s here at least today, humidity was around 85% and the dewpoint I think in the low 60’s. We are expecting rain on Sunday, cake is due Sunday. Can I leave it out overnight? I want to refrigerate the cake, maybe even freeze it—bad idea or okay to freeze then travel with it direct from freezer? Thanks!

Posted: 23 May 2009 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2009-01-20

I used it on a wedding cake last week.  It was 105 degrees here in AZ.  I kept it refrigerated after decorating, and it transported well.  By the time I arrived at the venue, the frosting was soft, but it did not melt at all. 

Try it.  It can be left out overnight.

Veronica

Posted: 23 May 2009 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  596
Joined  2007-11-27

sometimes you may notice that buttercream on a cake left out for a long time (overnight) in warmer weather may develop a splotchy look to it.  It doesn’t happen all the time, but it can.  I would refrigerate the cake overnight and travel with it well chilled if you can.

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)

Posted: 23 May 2009 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2008-11-03

I knew better than to take it from freezer to room temp. but I did it anyway, quickly to add some details, so I did get the splotchy dots on top. It’s in the fridge overnight and hopefully all will turn out well. Not a very long drive, about 35 minutes but it’s hot and humid here—but not as hot as by Veronica! *phew, that’s hot!*