Blueberry cake
Posted: 09 July 2016 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-07-09

I am looking for a good recipe for blueberry cake. Something along the lines of a strawberry cake only with blueberries. I would like it to be a somewhat uniform beautiful blue color with a lot of flavor and not too dense.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted: 10 July 2016 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2007-11-18
Jamie79 - 09 July 2016 06:28 PM

I am looking for a good recipe for blueberry cake. Something along the lines of a strawberry cake only with blueberries. I would like it to be a somewhat uniform beautiful blue color with a lot of flavor and not too dense.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JAMIE79:
  Good morning & welcome to our baking forum. Jamie do not be confused as to the difference between a recipe for blueberry muffins & blueberry cake. They are the same as far as the ingredients are concerned. There maybe a difference in their mixing methods however. Muffin mix technique as opposed to the CREAMING MIXING method.
The difference in these recipies lies in the baking temperature at times perhaps & length of time baking.

Here is one recipe by World class BAKER & author…MZ. SHIRLEY CORRIHER. Her book “BAKEWISE” in pg. 131 features a XLNT blueberry muffin recipe which you can use. You can bake this recipe in a 6, cup BUNDT pan or a 8, in X 2, in pan.

OTHERWISE:
  Jamie, here are a few items you should look for in your recipe as to your written specifications.

1) employ lemon juice in your recipe for “FLAVOR” as you specified (even if the recipe calls for it or not)
2) In order to get the blue TINGE in the batter employ FROZEN blueberries. WHY??? because as they begin to defrost it than emits it’s blue tinge in liquid form & blends in somewhat with the white flour concoction as you specified & then shows up in the baked dough with blue streaks.

Not so “DENSE” sometimes has to do with “BEATUTY” is in the eye of the beholder theory.
It also has to do with how we as the BAKER prepares the creaming & handling of the mix,ete. Sooo we must wait till you complete the bake first. Then upon your description we can help more accurately

Jamie, I hope we helped you today. If you have further inquiries post back.
Till then enjoy the rest of the day young lady.

~FRESHKID.