Forum Data Loss and Data Recovery
Posted: 04 April 2017 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2007-11-05

Hi cooks.

We had an “issue” last week while cleaning out spam from the forums.

We mistakenly deleted 40 accounts that belonged to active forum users, and that also erased all those folks posts and replies.

We were able to restore the forum back to its March 13th state, and then we were even able to recover some of the posts and accounts made since then.

So basically, the forums are mostly all restored to their fine condition, and if there is any oddity or glitch or missing post, let us know by leaving a reply on this post, and we’ll see what we can do to take care of it. (If you need to contact us privately, you can do that as well).

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for any inconvenience.

TTFN
Travis Smith
Webmaster for RealBakingWithRose.com

Posted: 05 April 2017 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2007-11-18
Travis Smith - 04 April 2017 06:52 PM

Hi cooks.

We had an “issue” last week while cleaning out spam from the forums.

We mistakenly deleted 40 accounts that belonged to active forum users, and that also erased all those folks posts and replies.

We were able to restore the forum back to its March 13th state, and then we were even able to recover some of the posts and accounts made since then.

So basically, the forums are mostly all restored to their fine condition, and if there is any oddity or glitch or missing post, let us know by leaving a reply on this post, and we’ll see what we can do to take care of it. (If you need to contact us privately, you can do that as well).

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for any inconvenience.

TTFN
Travis Smith
Webmaster for RealBakingWithRose.com

TRAVIS SMITH:
    Good afternoon. I did notice yesterday that I was restored. I would like thank you & your team for your quick response to my recent plea to Miss Rose to get me back on this site.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

~CASS /  ~FRESHKID.

Posted: 06 April 2017 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-10-15

Hi Travis,

I don’t know if this is at all related to the problem you addressed in your post, but I just noticed that many forum members’ photos have disappeared. Are they likely to be restored?