Looking for some “No-Bake” recipes, help
Posted: 17 April 2017 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2017-04-06

Hello real baking with Rose forum,

I have a party of 16 people coming over to my house for a house warming party and I am looking for ideas of what kind of cakes I can make and possibly some recipes to get me started.

I have never been much of a cook but when it comes to baking, I have a true passion. Mine and my family’s favourite is my no-bake lime cheesecake, It is so fluffy and creamy it melts in your mouth so this will 100% be going on the menu but I need 2 more that are of different taste and texture. Being as I have just moved into my house I don’t have an oven yet so the cakes need to be able to set in the fridge. If you guys could point me in the right direction of a decent no-bake cookbook that would be great. I have found awesome cookbooks from this site http://www.used.forsale/canada/calgary/cookbook-collection but I have had no joy with no-bake. The other option I have is to do some doughnuts but I can’t seem to get the recipe right, they keep coming out really dense. I will place my cheesecake recipe for you guys below and my doughnut recipe to see if you guys know where I am going wrong.

No-Bake Lime Cheesecake

BASE
3 cups of digestive biscuits
2/3 cups of MELTED butter

FILLING
1 cup lime juice
1-1/2 cups of sugar
2 tablespoons of lime zest
8oz of cream cheese
2/3 cup of double cream

In a bowl combined the Digestives and melted butter until it creates a soft crumbly mix. Press into the bottom of your spring loaded pan and leave in the fridge for at least 30 mins to set.

In a new bowl, mix the cream cheese thoroughly with the sugar and lime zest until smooth, ounce mixed well add the lime juice slowly while mixing fast to stop it from curdling. Then whip the double cream until you have stiff peaks and fold into the cream cheese mixture slowly to also stop curdling.

Leave in the fridge overnight to set. EASY

Doughnuts

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup warm milk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon dry yeast
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter
Pinch of salt
1/2 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 pan of oil (shallow fry) 

In a bowl whisk eggs, add room temperature milk and butter then whisk until all the butter has melted. add yeast, salt, powdered sugar and vanilla essence whisk again until all has combined together. Now Gradually add the flour and whisk at the same time to make a stiff/soft dough. Then knead for 15 minutes and leave to rest until it has doubled in size.

Once the dough is ready I roll it out and cut the shapes add into the hot shallow oil and fry each side for about 2 minutes until they feel hollow in the middle. Let them set and then coat with sugar.

As said above my doughnuts are coming out really dense, what can I do to change this?

Really looking forward to fixing my doughnut problem and hopefully getting some great no-bake ideas from you guys!!

Thanks

Image Attachments
No_bake_lemon_cheesecake.jpg

Posted: 20 April 2017 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-04-06

Where are the baking pros or should I say non-baking pros? Please help guys

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-04-06

After a little research and getting in the kitchen myself, I have found that if you knead the doughnuts dough for only 5 minutes and rest until double in size, this help with the density of the doughnuts. But, there are still a few things that need changing in the recipe to make it perfect. I am going to be filling the next ones with melted chocolate so look out for my photos.

Posted: 21 April 2017 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  719
Joined  2007-11-18
Jakebake - 20 April 2017 10:18 PM

After a little research and getting in the kitchen myself, I have found that if you knead the doughnuts dough for only 5 minutes and rest until double in size, this help with the density of the doughnuts. But, there are still a few things that need changing in the recipe to make it perfect. I am going to be filling the next ones with melted chocolate so look out for my photos.

JAKEBAKE:
  Good Morning. Welcome to our baking forum. I will try to help you by offering to you my experience thru the study of baking science. I have never baked DOUGHNUTS before. However Jake, there is an excessive amount of YEAST in your recipe for this amount of flour. All you need is 1/4 tsp worth. Plus the sugar is excessive as well just reduce this amount by 1/2.
The salt can be increased to 1/2 of 1/4 tsp worth. Also Jake I would consider adding the yeast to the flour & mix well with your hand whisk. Also Jake employ room temp. water not hot water.

Let us know of your improvement in this baking in the future when you can.

Good luck to you & enjoy the day my friend.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 22 April 2017 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-04-06

FESHKID

I will make these adjustments to my recipe and see how they come out. Thank you so much for the reply