Clean your oven effectively
Posted: 04 August 2017 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2017-08-01

“I thought of sharing some tips on how to clean your oven without any harsh chemicals. After all, cleaning your oven is something which everyone loath. When I first moved into my house, the oven was coated with a black sticky grime. It was as if someone had roasted a dozen whole chicken without using a pan. My first idea was to run the auto cleaning setting. It kind of works, this basically turns up the heat to a point where anything left inside is burnt to a crisp, which you can wipe out once it is cool. But this won’t work in some cases, and in our case, set off the smoke detectors-most likely a red flag. You may buy extremely harsh chemicals that may eat through any debris that is left over, but the fumes are strong enough to sing off your eyebrows.
Here’s you you can clean your oven naturally with a little vinegar, baking soda, and good ol’ elbow grease!
Here is what you need
Baking soda
Spray bottle
White vinegar
Water
Dishcloth
Rubber gloves
First of all, remove your oven racks, pizza stone, oven thermometer and anything else you have inside the oven. Now, mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water in a small bowl.
You can adjust the ratio of both as needed until you have a spreadable paste. Spread the paste inside your oven, steering clear of the heating elements. You can wear a rubber glove to do this if your oven is grimy. It will help you to get in there and coat the dirtiest nooks and crannies without having to worry about your hands. The baking soda will turn a brownish color as you rub it in. It might also be chunkier in some places, but that is totally fine. Just try to coat the whole oven to the best of your abilities, paying attention to greasy areas. Allow this mixture to sit overnight. Meanwhile, you may clean your oven racks.
After 12 hours or overnight, you can wipe out as much of dried baking soda residue from your oven using a damp dishcloth. Use a plastic or silicone spatula to help scrape off the paste as needed. It might be helpful for those hard-to-reach-spots. Now you can use the spray bottle and spritz the vinegar everywhere inside the oven. The vinegar will react with the baking soda and gently foam.
Take your damp cloth and wipe out the remaining foamy vinegar-baking-soda mixture. Repeat until all the baking soda residue is gone. Add more water or vinegar to your cloth as needed while wiping to really get the oven clean and shiny.
Replace the oven racks and anything else you keep in your oven, and you’re done! You can go through this blog http://www.sunrise-cleaning.com/blog/cleaning-tips/keeping-kitchen-clean-tidy-cooking/ for more tips to have a neat and tidy kitchen while cooking.”

‹‹ INSTANT CLEARJEL      WHITE SANDWICH BREAD ››