Ladyfingers Question
Posted: 19 September 2017 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2010-08-01

Hi All

Am planning to make Rose’s Ladyfingers recipe form the RHC, pg # 264. I cannot bake the whole batch at one go coz my oven size wouldn’t fit all. However, I need to make two batches.

Kindly suggest if I may refrigerate the left over batter for the time (8-10 minutes)  that the first batch is baking…would there be loss of structure or deflation if I were to keep the batter in the fridge for those 8 to 10 minutes…

Kindly suggest. Thank You.

Posted: 19 September 2017 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  728
Joined  2007-11-18
Sharon Vinod - 19 September 2017 02:40 PM

Hi All

Am planning to make Rose’s Ladyfingers recipe form the RHC, pg # 264. I cannot bake the whole batch at one go coz my oven size wouldn’t fit all. However, I need to make two batches.

Kindly suggest if I may refrigerate the left over batter for the time (8-10 minutes)  that the first batch is baking…would there be loss of structure or deflation if I were to keep the batter in the fridge for those 8 to 10 minutes…

Kindly suggest. Thank You.

SHARON VINOD:
  Good evening. Your question can be answered by re~reading bottom of pg. 265. It discusses the second batch.

I hope this information helps your your guidance & your baked product. Enjoy the day.

~FRESHKID.

Posted: 24 September 2017 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2010-08-01

Thank you Freshkid, I did exactly as advised in the book, and it worked! The batch did not deflate, held well and tasted very good.

Thanks once again for the suggestion..