What type are you?
Posted: 22 June 2009 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2008-05-03

I believe there are two kinds of people in this world - those who like surprises and those who don’t.  I am unashamedly in the first camp.  The anticipation of the new book is tantalizing and delicious!  I will not be looking at Marie Wolf’s blog (nothing personal, Marie) as I want to savour all the surprises that await me in September.  Please don’t post any more recipes - or pre-warn us (like they do when announcing sports results if you don’t want to hear them) if you do so we can avoid them.

What type are you, dear forum member?

Annie

Posted: 22 June 2009 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

I’m a mix of both.  I don’t want to know what’s inside that wrapped gift until it’s time to open it up, but I do want to get sneak peeks at Rose’s recipes if they are released early.  Marie said she will post 2 more recipes before the book is released in Sept (with Rose’s permission).

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 22 June 2009 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1419
Joined  2007-11-15

i take whatever can be given, as fast as possible, now or later.  so either way, give me the gift now or later, i am happy either way.

even if dearly marie wolf makes and posts all cakes prior of having the book, when i get the book i will still be in awe, because there is a different feeling when holding the actual book, the actual photos, etc.

i give you one example:  Rose emailed me a pdf version of the BLAD (months before the blog post).  I printed this PDF and carried it with me everywhere.  Then recently she mailed me an actual hard copy of the BLAD.  WOW, what a treat, it is like having a miracle become physical in two different versions!

but i surely understand the anxiety, it is killing us!  there are so many things i am certain Rose can say right now, but she can’t because of the book deal.  isn’t sometimes more fun to hear things faster like on the blog?  =)

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 22 June 2009 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2008-08-19

If I could pick, I would say no surprises.  Especially when it comes to things like books. I have never read a book without reading the ending first.  If I didn’t, I would end up racing through the book, skipping interesting details and plot/character development just to see how it ends.  So, I read the ending first, then leisurely make my way through the book.  I’ve been told I’m incredibly strange, but I can’t explain it - it works for me this way.  wink

Posted: 22 June 2009 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

I would enjoy the first time reading the book more if I didn’t have all these teasers and Marie’s blog.  However, I realize that this is all considered good press for Rose, so I don’t mind so much.  And it’s nice to know that once I do get it and begin to work my way through it, there’ll be blog entires to check for tips/comments.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 23 June 2009 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  2008-01-24

grin Annie I am with you. I like to work things out for myself. I only resort to help when I get stuck. Why top a pizza? Why wrap a gift? Why frost a cake? Why put a cover on a book? Is is not for the joy of revealing what is hidden inside?

Signature 

“This pizza is a symphony of flavors”

Posted: 23 June 2009 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

I hate surprises!!!!!  I wouldnt be able to hold myself back when it comes to waiting for things. I have no patience whatsoever.

Posted: 23 June 2009 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18
hectorwong - 22 June 2009 06:39 PM

when i get the book i will still be in awe, because there is a different feeling when holding the actual book, the actual photos, etc.

I agree with Hector. Holding the actual book in your hands will be awesome, specially because Rose has let us experience the whole process. Besides, even if Marie posts several recipes before the book is out, there will be plenty more to read and learn apart from the recipes. As Julie mentioned this is good exposure for the book. I think Rose mentioned that pre-order sales are very important.
Annie, do agree with you too. Surprises are always nice. I love them just as long as it’s not a suprise party for me.  LOL

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 24 June 2009 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2008-11-03

Yes surprises! Except for Rose’s book! LOL Looking forward to it.