White Cake Cupcakes??
Posted: 02 July 2009 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2009-05-11

Hello. I’d like to make some white cupcakes for this Saturday (July 4th!), In TCB, Rose talks about the suitability of her yellow butter and chocolate recipes, but just wondering A) if anyone has any tips for using the downy white recipe as cupcakes and B) any formula for determining how much batter to make? I’d like to make 12 OVERSIZED cupcakes using the Wilton large cupcake pans/papers. Thanks!

Posted: 03 July 2009 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

Hello Lauriegood…as many people on the forum know…I have been living with the problem of cupcakes loosing their paper liners AHHHHHHHHHHH!...I sent you an e-mail through this forum with some info that I’ve found….most of it has been posted here in various places so I’m not bothering to re-post it…good luck!

Posted: 03 July 2009 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

Hi Lauriegood and welcome to the forum! Not sure which recipe you mean when you say “downy white.” White Velvet? I haven’t made that one as cupcakes, but can report success with the buttermilk country cake on p 41-2.  My note at the top of the page says it made 18 cupcakes. Sorry, didn’t note the size because I was just using the pans available to me at baking school. They had extra deep cups, possibly the same volume as your Wilton pan.