2 of 2
Cordon Rose Conserve
Posted: 06 August 2009 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2007-11-15

Annie, as you know the River Tay runs through Dundee.  That is where my husband was born and grew up and he often tells me of the days when he went berry-picking in the fields around Dundee during the school holidays (and sometimes instead of going to school!)  I used to think he was making it up calling the berries TAYBERRIES and that it was just a local term for raspberries because I had never heard of them but like you , I GOogled it and found that they are quite new, was it the early 1960’s they came into being?  Now I know how delicious they are!  Actually we don’t see them down here very often, certainly not in the supermarkets anyway. 
By the way, we are still thinking of coming up your way but not decided which week yet, the weather has been so poor it has not encouraged us to make any plans.

Posted: 06 August 2009 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2008-05-03

Jeannette, I’m only unavailable 23rd Aug to 4th September - any other time I have loads of space.  I’ll PM you with my details and then we can stay in touch.  The weather has been awful but it’s often nice in September…  Look forward to seeing you.

Annie

Posted: 07 August 2009 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

Annie - the photo of your berries look very delicious!

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

2 of 2