A Gift….
Posted: 25 August 2009 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2008-05-03

The postman (mailman) arrived at my door the other day with a VERY heavy parcel.  He said, “I think they are sending you sand from the desert”, as he saw it was postmarked Las Vegas, Nevada.  I had not ordered anything from the States so was rather puzzled.  Inside was 12 lbs (yes, twelve pounds) of Softasilk cake flour and 2 lbs Vital Wheat Gluten.  Also inside was a little note to say this was so that I could work through Rose’s new book and make the recipes as written.  (Most of you know that we cannot buy bleached flour in the UK).  Signed…..FRESHKID.

I am still overwhelmed by Caspar’s generosity and thoughfulness.  There was no present possible that would have made me happier.  Thank you Caspar, you have a huge heart and are an angel. 

And also thank you to Rose and the blog/forum for linking all the wonderful community of bakers from around the world.  I feel truly grateful and privileged to be part of it.

Annie

Posted: 25 August 2009 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2007-11-15

What a wonderful gift!  And aren’t you the lucky one! LOL!  Just in time to bake a cake for your Welsh visitors, too!  Caspar is certainly very, very generous,it must have cost a fortune to post.  Yes, as you say, Annie, I too feel privileged to have made so many virtual friends, (and soon to be real friends, I hope!) on these websites, I never thought it possible when I first started writing on my lap-top! grin

Posted: 25 August 2009 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2007-11-15

How nice!  What a great gift!

Posted: 25 August 2009 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1420
Joined  2007-11-15

THAT is awesome!

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 25 August 2009 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW - this put a huge smile on my face!!!  Caspar - you’re a gem… and a gentleman!

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 25 August 2009 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Wow! What a fantastic gift.
Cass, you are such a generous, kind and thoughtful person. We are all honoured to have you on this forum.

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 25 August 2009 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2009-01-20

How kind!  It’s nice to have friends with like passions. 

Cass, you’re a gem!

Veronica

Posted: 25 August 2009 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2008-02-28

It’s so wonderful to know FRESHKID’s name as well grin  Caspar, that is such a wonderful gesture.  You have been such a terrific source of knowledge, support and encouragement on this forum.

Posted: 26 August 2009 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2008-08-13

Annie, what a wonderful gift! Caspar you truly have a heart of gold!

Posted: 28 August 2009 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  598
Joined  2007-11-18

Annie & to my baking buddies, thank you for your kind sentiments & feelings sent my way. I appreciate it very much so.

Annie, You merited the gift. I hope you will have enough flour to bake each cake recipe in Miss Rose’s new book at least once. I am sure you will do a excellent job of it.

Annie, Caution…. be aware of Italians bearing gifts. (LOL). rolleyes

~CASPAR

Posted: 29 August 2009 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4791
Joined  2008-04-16

Caspar, you’re a gem!!!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 30 August 2009 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-18

JULIE:
  Good evening to you. I would like to thank you for your kind thoughts of me. I appreciate it very much so.
I hope you enjoyed this weekend…next weekend is a 3 day weekend so we all should be able to catch up on our baking.

~CASS.

Posted: 30 August 2009 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2007-11-15

This weekend is a 3 day weekend here, Cass!  Tomorrow, the 31st of August is called a Bank Holiday, is that what it is called in the States?  It is the last holiday of the summer, not that we have had much summer here this year!  We have had more rain than sun!  red face

Posted: 30 August 2009 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-18

JEANNETTE:
  Hello again my friend. Next week is also the last holiday of our summer. It denotes summer time is over…Schools generally begin 1 week later in the eastern states but in the western states schools have begun about a week ago. It is referred to as “LABOUR DAY”.  I hope you are enjoying your long weekend.

~CASS.