Hello
Posted: 30 August 2009 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-08-30

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I’m a chef with twenty years experience who is going in a new direction, baking and pastry. I am intrigued by the challenge it imposes and hope to learn something from all of you.
Thanks,
Ryan

Posted: 30 August 2009 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  769
Joined  2007-11-15

Welcome Ryan!  Hope you enjoy your time here!

Posted: 30 August 2009 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Welcome Ryan! Looking forward to “chatting” with you.

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 30 August 2009 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4797
Joined  2008-04-16

Welcome!  Look forward to reading your posts!

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe

Posted: 30 August 2009 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2007-11-16

Welcome, Ryan!  Good luck with your ‘new’ career.  smile  Look forward to your posts.

Posted: 31 August 2009 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

So good to have you here, Ryan. Look forward to learning more about the new direction you’re taking—your baking/pastry goals, projects, questions, etc. Many of us, Rose included, also have an interest in the “hot side” of the kitchen. So your comments and advice on savory dishes will be very welcome, too.

Posted: 31 August 2009 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-08-30

Thank you all so much I look forward to it as well. I feel prety competent as a bread baker. I have spent the last few years making a serious study of bread baking and frquently use my Reinhard/Clayton/Buhler/Parson and of course Beranbaum library for inspiration and reference. I have a sweet potato/pumpkin seed sourdough that is unbelievable. And if any one would like any info on the dark side (hot) of cooking, just let me know. Right now I’m working on a couple of wedding shower cakes for some friends of my wife. Rolled fondant, royal icing stenciling, sugar flowers…my first attempt. Wish me luck. I do have ine question, how long can I refrigerate a rolled fondant cake without having issues?
Thanks,
RYan

Posted: 31 August 2009 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

Sorry, thought your first name was Ryan. But if I’m reading correctly now, it’s Chef R Yan. Right?

About your question, the answer is that annoying one, “It depends.” Have you found the search box yet? Type in the words fondant and refrigeration. Look for posts by Jeanne, who is one of our more experienced members and a professional baker. She’s had lots of experience dealing with this issue and has answered the question more than once—each post with the same but sometimes expanded info. Here’s one of her posts on the subject:
http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/index_ee.php/forums/viewthread/545/#4532