icing a cheesecake
Posted: 13 September 2009 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2009-05-17

I have been asked to make a cheesecake wedding cake and after looking at pictures all over the web, I am wondering what kind of icing (besides the wc cream cheese icing)? I usually use IMB for most of my cakes and are there any certain techniques you have to use when making cheesecake wedding cakes?

thank you
colleen

Posted: 15 September 2009 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

Hi Colleen, sorry that nobody’s responded to your query yet. I read it and didn’t reply because I love the wh choc cream cheese icing so much with the cheesecake, that I hadn’t even thought of using anything else. The flavours go so beautifully together! But it can be jazzed up a lot, and Rose has done it!

Have you got The Cake Bible? If not, get your hands on a copy and you’ll see how she used an apricot jewel glaze, violets and spun sugar around the base to produce a truly magnificent cheesecake wedding cake. Her Golden Glory Wedding Cheesecake was designed for her niece and featured in Martha Stewart’s book Weddings. Rose’s instructions for that cake in TCB would probably answer all your questions about techniques. As for using other icings, you could certainly try it. Why not do a small test cake? I’ve done one variation myself but with the glaze rather than the bc—pomegranate and it went over well.

Good luck with your project. Let us know how you make out. Carol

Posted: 15 September 2009 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2009-05-17

I do have her book and use alot of her recipes and the wc cream cheese frosting is a hit on my carrot cake and hummingbird cake too. I had seen alot of different cakes on other website that were wedding cheesecakes and I just wondered if you had to use a special buttercream with them.
thank you so much for taking the time to answer me.  it helped alot

colleen