2 of 2
Traditional FONDANT
Posted: 15 September 2009 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

Wow, Hector! Do you ever sleep?? Jest kidding. Beautiful work in the facebook photos. So creative. Such a wonderful intersect of passions—your love of flowers and cakes.

I saw a photo online this week where someone had used the overlapping strips technique with fondant. But instead of a pizza wheel, it looked like they had used pinking shears. Very cool in a homespun kind of way. Your cake, on the other hand, is so elegant. I’ll bet the happy couple loved it!

Posted: 15 September 2009 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1420
Joined  2007-11-15

i am overwhelmed by all your welcome!  the work at the bakery is very different than at my home studio.  at the bakery is stress free because i only show up once a week and everything is done and thought for me.  at my home studio, i am in charge of every step of the process.  i hope you can tell the difference between my bakery cakes vs my home cakes!  including price =)

everyone, stayed tuned, my 4th wedding cake preview from new book has been done, Rose will post it for the grand launch date of book.

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 16 September 2009 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15
Carolita - 15 September 2009 10:40 PM

Wow, Hector! Do you ever sleep?? Jest kidding. Beautiful work in the facebook photos. So creative. Such a wonderful intersect of passions—your love of flowers and cakes.

I saw a photo online this week where someone had used the overlapping strips technique with fondant. But instead of a pizza wheel, it looked like they had used pinking shears. Very cool in a homespun kind of way. Your cake, on the other hand, is so elegant. I’ll bet the happy couple loved it!

Carolita - I have a ravioli wheel that cuts with a “pinking shear” edge.  It works just like a pizza wheel.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 16 September 2009 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

So that’s how it’s done. Cool. Another little idea to tuck away for possible future use. Thanks!

2 of 2

‹‹ icing a cheesecake      September Bake-Off ››