I just got…
Posted: 17 September 2009 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  913
Joined  2009-01-04

a new kitchen scale! I got the MyWeigh 7001dx. Anyone have any experience with this? I am reading its a good scale.

Posted: 17 September 2009 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-11-21

I’m unfamiliar with it.  I have a Salter…and quite frankly…don’t really like it all that much.  I’ve been looking for something new…let us know how this works for you.  The thing for me, is that I need to be able to put a muffin pan on the platform and still be able to read the screen (not possible with all kitchen scales) but I do need to obsessively weigh the batter in the muffins so that they are all the same size. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted: 17 September 2009 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-04

hmm well i haven’t taken it out of the box yet so i have no idea how big it is and what you can fit on the platform while reading the screen. The thing that annnoyed me with my other one (which started reading ERR BTW) was that it turned off mid-weigh (haha no pun intended) and i read that this one has a switch you can turn automatic shut off off.

Posted: 17 September 2009 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

That’s what my Salter does, ski! I hate it!!!! Let us know how you like the new one. Maybe the company will give you a commission.  wink

Posted: 17 September 2009 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  910
Joined  2009-05-25

Hi Ski, I have the exact same model and just figured out how to turn the auto shut off off.  I’ve got the directions posted below (From their website).  In addition to that feature, I love that it has the option to plug it in…I bought the adapter—love that.  It’s also super compact, so it can fit in my narrow drawers.  On the negative, the top plate comes off (some of the feet that secure it in place have broken), but now it’s easy to wash, so I suppose that is a positive.  I don’t know that you would be able to put a 12 muffin tin on it and see the scale…actually I tried and it worked, but the back cups were not on the scale, so I just wouldn’t fill them 1st otherwise it would fall off the scale.  Another negative is that if you do have it set to auto off, the scale resets, and my old one didn’t do this, so I accidentally lost some reads before I changed the auto shut off feature.

AUTO TURN OFF&AUTO; BACKLIGHT&BUZZER; CONTROL

Begin with the power OFF. Press and hold the MW center button and ON/OFF to turn on the scale, the display will show ?00000?, then it will show ?OFF 0?(disabled) or ?OFF 1?(automatic turn off after about 2 minutes) or ?OFF 2?(automatic turn off after about 5 minutes), select the auto turn off time by press UNIT. Now confirm your selection by pressing TARE. Now the display will show ?BL 0?(backlight turn off is disabled) or ?BL 1?(auto backlight will turn off after about 1 minute) or ? BL 2? (auto backlight-off after about 2 minutes), select auto backlight time by pressing UNIT , confirm it by pressing TARE . Now the display will show ?bb 0?(Beeper is disabled) or ?bb 1?(Beeper is enabled), choose your selection by pressing UNIT, confirm it by pressing TARE. The scale will return to active weighing.

Posted: 17 September 2009 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-04

awesome thanks so much!  The feet broke? hmm…..so all in all, what do you think of it??  What do you mean the scale resets when you shut auto off? Are you saying you have to shut auto off EVERY time you use it?? i thought once it was off it was off?

Posted: 17 September 2009 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-25

Hi Ski,
There are little tabs on the top plate that make it stick into the rest of the scale.  My top plate now comes off readily (But it will sit on top fine) but I don’t think it is supposed to do that—it’s actually way easier for cleaning now.  It doesn’t bother me.  I am pretty hard on my equipment, and if it is holding up to everything else, it’s doing ok.  As far as the resetting…  Let’s say you have the scale set to shut off after 5 min.  If you are in the middle of something and it shuts off, when you turn it back on, it automatically tares and sets the scale back to 0.  My old scale would show the reading, provided you left the bowl on the platform.  If you turn off the auto shut off, it remains that way and you won’t have to worry about doing that each time you use the scale.  Overall I’m quite happy with the scale, I’ve had it about 1/2 year and it’s working fine.

Posted: 17 September 2009 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-04

oh ok i get it. well that won’t bother me because my old scale would 0 out if it shut YOU off!!!  So im used to it. if you set auto shut off for 5 minutes, will it shut off after 5 minutes of it just sitting there or will it shut off 5 minutes REGARDLESS if you are using it or not?

Posted: 17 September 2009 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-25

It’s 5 min. of no usage.

Posted: 17 September 2009 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-04

oh awesome. sounds like it should work for me then.!!

Posted: 17 September 2009 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-25

I think you’ll be happy with it!

‹‹ Cupcakes      Duck Stock ››