homemade honey mustard wings sauce
Posted: 22 September 2009 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-09-17

does anyone know how to make homemade honey mustard sauce.  I want to make some honey mustard wings and i want them to taste good like the restaurants especially Quaker Steak & Lubes, I think theirs are the best, theirs are awesome.  If you don’t have a recipe for me, can you tell me where I can buy some good honey mustard sauce at?

Posted: 22 September 2009 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2008-03-19

Hi Skylar,

Although many of us on this blog are also good savory cooks, you might want to post your question at Chowhound.com.  They have a board dedicated to home cooking with people who are willing to share good recipes, or direct you to stores and mail order houses that sell what you’re looking for. You can also search the site for a honey mustard sauce recipe. Chowhound also has a regional board so that people who live in your area will know exactly what you are talking about when you say “Quaker Steak.” Good luck!

Posted: 23 September 2009 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-17

Hi Skylar,

It is possible to order the Quaker Steak and lube sauces online here: http://quakersteak.securetree.com/

I hope this helps.

Jan

Posted: 23 September 2009 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

The chowhound suggestion is a good one, Christine. I also like http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?/index

Maybe Skylar’s post stood out because it was made in the Cakes Q&A section. It takes a while to get to know the forum. Don’t worry. We love food period!  wink  Have a look at the main page (click on Forum Home above), and you’ll see descriptions for each of the sections. Savory stuff is usually discussed under General Q&A. Kitchen Chatter is also a good place for questions or comments that don’t seem to fit anywhere else.

Posted: 23 September 2009 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2008-03-19

Carolita, you are totally right. I apologize to Skylar if my reply sounded unfriendly or unwelcoming.  I’m so used to seeing baking-related questions here, I didn’t think this board would be as helpful as Chowhound.

Posted: 24 September 2009 12:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

No worries, Christine. I’ll bet it was taken as you intended. Since Skylar and Jan are both pretty new, though, I wanted to expand on your reply.

Posted: 24 September 2009 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-09-17

thanks everyone for your replies, I actually didn’t realize that this was just a baking site until after I posted the question about the honey mustard sauce. Christine I totally understood your reply and no it wasn’t unfriendly at all, again I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond. I am new to this site and I find it very helpful and everyone so far is so nice and friendly. I learn something new everyday:)

‹‹ My Biscuit de Savoie      Cupcake Shelf Life ››