Corrections to Rose’s Christmas Cookies
Posted: 17 November 2007 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2007-11-17

I just got my hands on a copy of Rose’s Christmas Cookies and I love it!  I’ve noticed from Rose’s website that there are some corrections to some of her recipes in some of her other books and was wondering before I dive in and start baking, are there any corrections to this book that I need to be aware of? Thanks!

Posted: 17 November 2007 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2007-11-15

http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/2007/07/corrections_roses_christmas_co.html

Posted: 17 November 2007 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  767
Joined  2007-11-15

I am expecting this book in the next few days from Amazon so I’m glad you brought up the subject of errors in the book, I probably wouldn’t have thought of it, so thank-you!  I live in the UK, we don’t have a tradition of baking cookies for Christmas so this will be new to me although I do make cookies and muffins but not at any special time, I hope they go down well.  I may be asking questions about the recipes, ie. which are recommended, favourites, good keepers, etc.  I know where to go now for help.  Can someone tell me what is so special about the Hammer(?) cutters, thay seem rather expensive to me? big surprise

Posted: 17 November 2007 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15
jeannette - 17 November 2007 02:56 PM

Can someone tell me what is so special about the Hammer(?) cutters, thay seem rather expensive to me? big surprise

Hi Jeannette - here is a description of the hammersong cutters from the La Cuisine website:

“There seems to be no end to the popularity of Hammersong tinware cutters; in fact, our list of clients who collect these whimsical, uniquely American pieces is ever growing. Using 19th century techniques and working entirely by hand, the Cukla family fashions durable, workable cutters with humorous shapes that connect us to the rich tradition of American handcrafts. These unique and intricately detailed cookie cutters are sought after by bakers and collectors worldwide”.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 17 November 2007 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2007-11-17

Thanks for the link. I corrected my copy of the book and am now ready to start baking cookies!