TRUE ORANGE GENOISE (from the new book)
Posted: 06 October 2009 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2009-08-18

Este es el True Orange Genoise (pag 179) de RHC. Me encant?!. El chocolate y la naranja se mezclan perfectamente y el sabor es extraordinario. No encontr? naranjas Seville pero hice mi propia reducci?n del jugo de naranja tal como Rose recomienda y el resultado fue espectacular.
This is the True Orange Genoise (pg 179) from RHC. This cake is moist, tender and delicious. The chocolate and the orange mix in perfect harmony. I didn?t found Seville oranges but I made my own reduction of the orange juice as Rose?s recommendation and the result was awesome.

Image Attachments
RFOG1.jpgRFOG2.jpgRFOG3.jpg

Posted: 06 October 2009 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

ceci, the cake looks fantastic! You seem to be pretty busy baking your way through RHC smile

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 06 October 2009 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2008-05-03

Ceci, your cake looks delicious - orange and chocolate can’t be beaten in my opinion.  You have inspired me to try this (maybe for the bake-off) - thanks.

Annie

Posted: 06 October 2009 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

Ceci - looks fabulous and yummy! Love the pictures and the single candle in the middle. Thanks also for posting in 2 languages.

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 06 October 2009 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2007-11-15

I just read the other night in one of Diana Kennedy’s books about a substitute for bitter orange juice.  I wonder how it would work here.  Love this cake, btw smile

Posted: 06 October 2009 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-18

Rozanne yes, I?m very busy and “happy” baking through RHC. AnnieMacD go ahead, this cake is delicious! Jenn and Matthew thank you very much!

Posted: 06 October 2009 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

Ceci, what a lovely cake!  Genoise is one of my favorites, glad to see this one.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 06 October 2009 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

Ceci - orange flavored chocolate bars are my favorite type of chocolate to eat. This cake is on my to do list. I’m happy you post and that it turned out using regular orange juice as that’s what I would probably use. Question, do you follow all the other ingredients in the recipe? I wonder if it’s possible to do this without any alcohol? (I think the recipe calls for some Triple Sec).

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 06 October 2009 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2009-07-31

Ceci, ?qu? delicioso se ve!!! ?Quiero mi libro YA!!

Ceci, your cake looks delicious. I want my book NOW.

Silvia,
(con hambre y oyendo a Carlos Vives)

ceci - 06 October 2009 06:13 PM

Este es el True Orange Genoise (pag 179) de RHC. Me encant?!. El chocolate y la naranja se mezclan perfectamente y el sabor es extraordinario. No encontr? naranjas Seville pero hice mi propia reducci?n del jugo de naranja tal como Rose recomienda y el resultado fue espectacular.
This is the True Orange Genoise (pg 179) from RHC. This cake is moist, tender and delicious. The chocolate and the orange mix in perfect harmony. I didn?t found Seville oranges but I made my own reduction of the orange juice as Rose?s recommendation and the result was awesome.

Posted: 06 October 2009 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-08-18

Jenn, as a matter of fact I didn?t have Triple Sec so I replaced it by Grand Marnier. The cake was great. I think that this recipe is so good that it could taste delicious even without any liquor. Don?t forget to replace the Triple Sec by the same volume of orange juice.

Posted: 07 October 2009 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1419
Joined  2007-11-15

at this pace you will finishes the bake off in a couple of months!  and also learn more spanish or viceversa english!

i am in total awe.  millones de gracias y abrazos por uds que ponen el blog vivo y el libro con vida!

of course, your cake looks GREAT.  perfect i would say.

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 07 October 2009 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

Looks fabulous Ceci!!  Excellent job!

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

‹‹ Whooppee Pie      Check this out....... ››