Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Posted: 29 October 2009 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2008-02-28

I couldn’t find the October Bake-off show and tell thread, and I’m not even sure this qualifies (the thread on choosing the October Bake-off theme was making my head spin!!) so I’m just posting here instead grin

Sadly I won’t be making too many lemon cakes as no one else in the household likes lemon cakes and no one else ate this except for myself and my 6-year-old (he has good taste!)

Image Attachments
Lemon-Poppy-Slice.jpgLemon-Poppy.jpg

Posted: 29 October 2009 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2008-08-13

Little Island, your cake looks gorgeous! I love the shape of the cake. Did you get the cake pan in Singapore?

Posted: 29 October 2009 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4789
Joined  2008-04-16

Beautiful cake!  Love the pan shape, too.  It would disappear here, we are a house of lemon lovers.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  How to Make Sourdough More (or Less) Sour

Posted: 29 October 2009 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2007-11-15

I love the look of that cake and I know I would love the taste too!!!  What a fabulous shaped tin, is it a Nordicware?  It has certainly turned out very well, pity we can’t share it with you! tongue laugh

Posted: 29 October 2009 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2008-05-03

Wow! I love the pan and I love your cake!  The texture looks wonderful and moist - please report back on flavour.

Posted: 29 October 2009 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-09-06

Your cake looks amazing.  I love the shape.  Where oh where did you get the pan?

Posted: 29 October 2009 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2008-02-28

It tasted very good, I love lemon cakes.  I’ll gladly share a piece with you virtually grin 

I’ve made the loaf pan version before from TCB, so it’s not entirely new to me, but it was a really nice revisit, particularly in the bundt pan which yes, is a Nordicware Heritage Bundt.  Apparently a Williams-Sonoma special (Williams-Sonoma Heritage Bundt Pan) , but it appears to be available in many web stores.  I got it off eBay and had it shipped over.  I am not usually a bundt fan but fell in love with this one which I spied on an eGullet thread.  So pleased to see RHC uses a 10-cup fluted tube pan in a few recipes.  This one releases really well - I do use baking spray with flour in it.

The only thing I found was that the lemon syrup did not manage to penetrate the very centre part of the cake, probably due to my not-too-great syruping technique, perhaps should have poked more holes.

Posted: 29 October 2009 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

Gorgeous cake! Add me to your virtual cake-tasting party. I love lemon too, and that cake looks to-die-for. The pan really sets it off, doesn’t it? Well done.

Posted: 29 October 2009 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18

Great looking cake. I love that pan. I’ve never seen it before.

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 29 October 2009 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

Stunning shape!  Did you hear me gasp?  I’ve never seen this pan before either, but I love it - gorgeous!!

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 30 October 2009 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2008-11-03

The shape and the cake itself, both came out so well, beautiful looking.