Rose’s New Site Design
Posted: 19 November 2009 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-11-05

Hi, forum folks!

Rose’s site has a brand new design, and that applies to these forums, too!

If you have any thing nice to say about the change, come do it on this post on Rose’s blog:

http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/2009/11/the_new_blog_design_is_here.html#comments

Of course, if you have any trouble or feedback, we’d love to hear that, too.

TTFN
Travis

Posted: 19 November 2009 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

Travis - the new site s very pretty. I am having trouble viewing it properly. I’ve tried with IE and Mozilla and got the same result. The middle of the page overlap. I’ve print screen the site and post it on my website below. It might just be me, as I don’t see anyone commenting on this, but I don’t know how to fix it.
http://knittybaker.blogspot.com/2009/11/roses-new-website.html

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 20 November 2009 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2009-09-25

Very nice grin

Posted: 20 November 2009 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1074
Joined  2007-11-15

I love the more contemporary look.  Rose already mentioned the posting order. My only usability issue so far is the “hot out of the oven” section which is limited to six items.  There are often more than six comments/questions posted a day, so it would be difficult to find anything beyond six now once it disappears from the list.  Would it be possible to add a link that would expand this section to show more recent comments?

One of these would be great on the forum as well—something that shows recent replies, not just recent topics, but I don’t know if that is possible.

Posted: 20 November 2009 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2007-11-24

Love the new look!

I am currently viewing this at work on a PC with IE 7.0 and I notice a problem with the drop-down menu for the Recipes on the site header. On the blog, part of the menu is obscured by the “books” section. On the forums, part of it is obscured by the forum headers. Just a minor detail…

I have a forum suggestion—when I come back and view a category (like Forum Announcements), and then click on a thread (like Rose’s New Site Design)—it would be nice if I could be taken automatically to the start of the posts I haven’t read. Right now it opens to the beginning of the thread and then I have to go to the end myself.

Signature 

Please visit my blog:
Bungalow Barbara

Posted: 20 November 2009 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1429
Joined  2007-11-18
Matthew - 20 November 2009 05:12 AM

I love the more contemporary look.  Rose already mentioned the posting order. My only usability issue so far is the “hot out of the oven” section which is limited to six items.  There are often more than six comments/questions posted a day, so it would be difficult to find anything beyond six now once it disappears from the list.  Would it be possible to add a link that would expand this section to show more recent comments?

One of these would be great on the forum as well—something that shows recent replies, not just recent topics, but I don’t know if that is possible.

Thanks for bringing this up Matthew. I was going to suggest the same thing.

Signature 

http://heavenlycakesenjoyedonearth.blogspot.com/

Posted: 21 November 2009 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-17

I find the pink a little much in the forums. On the actual blog page the contrast with the gray makes it a little easier on the eyes. Even the background where I type is pink. Perhaps it is my browser?
Jan

Posted: 24 November 2009 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1074
Joined  2007-11-15

Also, the link connected to the image at the top of the forums does not work.