3 of 3
Show me your baking storage
Posted: 21 June 2010 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2009-08-25

I love new cookbooks, it’s just that I’m at a point where I don’t want any additional ones. They really have to make me curious, both in their pictures and in having new ideas for food, or pushing me in a direction that I haven’t tried.

For me the worst time of the year was always before Christmas, as a German I’m expected to crank out about 10 different kinds of cookies. We usually team up with a few friends and get together, and because I had the only convection oven we did it at our house a few times. It was impossible! Bowls in the sink, cookie sheets on the dining room table, cats sneaking up and stealing stuff…. Now I’m totally looking forward to hosting a cookie afternoon!

Yep, I’m the same way, I’d happily give up a bedroom for a larger kitchen. Luckily all I had to give up was a piano which nobody had played in 10 years. Made the neighbor’s kids happy!

And I grew up in a 1200 sqft apartment - and we thought it was huge, which it was compared to the 700 and 900 sqft apartments my parents had before. And honestly - we use about half the space. We have a loft that barely ever gets used, and two guest bedrooms that we use 2 or 3 weeks a year when we get run over by crowds from Germany.

Signature 

http://quartercow.blogspot.com

Posted: 21 June 2010 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2010-05-30

More house = more to clean!

Cookies, man. It takes dedication. With a cake, you have discrete steps where you feel like you’re making progress, but with cookies, the repetition just kills me! It’s harder for me to make cookies than a 4 layer cake w/mousseline and piped decorations!

Posted: 21 June 2010 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2009-08-25

Yep, totally agree on the more house, more to clean. I like our “small” house…

Cookies are fun to make! Though mine are usually pretty plain looking, I’m not big on making the fancy filled ones with special chocolate lace red face

Signature 

http://quartercow.blogspot.com

Posted: 05 July 2010 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1211
Joined  2009-11-24

Silke,

I love your flour drawers and your handy hanging utensils.  Congrats on the new kitchen.  What a blessing!

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

3 of 3