best oven for baking cakes
Posted: 11 December 2009 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-12-11

Can anyone tell me please, as i have just took a course from squires kitchen for cake decorating and i want to buy a new oven to bake a cakes. somebody suggested me to buy any fan assisted oven. But i am still confused if anyone can suggest me please? i have gas oven i don?t like it. its not good enough.

Posted: 11 December 2009 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4839
Joined  2008-04-16

Some bakers like an oven with convection (fan), because it helps keep the heat even.  Many bakers do not use convection when baking, because it can produce drier baked goods.  And electric ovens are thought to produce more even heating than gas, in general.  If I were looking for an oven just for baking, I would choose an electric with an optional convection function (can be used with the fan on or off).

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Peanut Butter Cups, All Grown Up

Posted: 12 December 2009 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2007-11-15

This is such a methaphore question.  I think most important is a little cdn dot2 oven thermometer and a few quarry tiles on the top and bottom racks of the oven.  With the tiles you can make most uneven ovens very even.

I also like very much countertop full size convection microwave ovens, never baking with microwave, but the rotating table gives you great level layer cakes and the convection fan is ideal if it can be turned off.  There are some smaller units nowan about 0.9 cu ft which I very much want to try for most cakes now on the new book, specially the bundt pans.

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

‹‹ Mrs      best rack oven for baking cupcakes?\ ››