Poll
Would you be interested in meeting others interested in "Rose Baking" in your area?
Yes - Anyone 11
Yes - If we meet first. 1
Maybe 5
No - Not at all 0
Total Votes: 17
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Forum Topic - Baker Friends in your ZIP code.
Posted: 24 December 2009 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-12-08

As I know no one interested in baking among the people I know, I would like to find a few Rose books bakers in my ZIP code area. Would this be a successful Forum topic?

Signature 

The secret - Learn more; train more; produce more.

Posted: 24 December 2009 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2007-11-15

A few months ago I started a facebook account called Baking Angels.  The idea is to connect neighbors for selling, buying, and sharing any of Rose’s cakes.  I have a few members and a bit unsure how it will be used.  Feel free to check it out.

It is often I have a customer that wishes to try one of my cakes, but too far to ship, that is the idea.

Signature 

http://myyellowkitchen.com/index-equipment-html/

Posted: 25 December 2009 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2009-08-25

Hi Hector - interesting idea with the Baking Angels. I sent you a friend request….

Signature 

http://quartercow.blogspot.com

Posted: 27 December 2009 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-12-08

Thanks for the Facebook tip. That makes good sense. I was on Facebook before I got the baking “bug.” Perhaps I should re-sign for the Baking Angels link.

Please let us know, in this forum, how this turns out for you. I would definately re-sign up.

You gave me an idea to put out ads in local papers, some personals are free, to find baking buddies.

Thanks, and I’ll let the forum know.

Philip Hosmer

Signature 

The secret - Learn more; train more; produce more.

Posted: 28 December 2009 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  163
Joined  2009-12-05

I just sent a friend request on fb.  Thanks for addition to our ‘addiction’ of baking.  I love the part about ‘sharing’ with friends.  With only my husband and I around the house, my neighbors are sure to enjoy a lot of my baking.

Signature 

Linda R.

Posted: 27 July 2010 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2010-06-07
hectorwong - 25 December 2009 03:07 AM

A few months ago I started a facebook account called Baking Angels.  The idea is to connect neighbors for selling, buying, and sharing any of Rose’s cakes.  I have a few members and a bit unsure how it will be used.  Feel free to check it out.

It is often I have a customer that wishes to try one of my cakes, but too far to ship, that is the idea.

I couldn’t find your page. Is it still up?