3 of 3
Posted: 17 November 2008 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2007-11-19

GASP!!  A cake mix, Jen??  Just kiddin with ya.  One of my favs is the Darn Good Choc Cake from the Cake Mix Doctor.  Pair it with a good ganache and I am in heaven.

Do you use all of the butter in the WCCC BC?  I made it the first time yesterday to pair with the Silver Palate Carrot Cake that Jeanne posted.  I will post a review on the carrot cake post later.  Anyway, on its own I tasted the butter a little too much for my liking but less when I tried it with the cake.  But I think I could still stand to reduce the butter a little.  And it turned out a little thin for me.  But it could have been a combination of me rushing and not letting the WC cool enough and my butter being too soft.

msJEN722 ~
My fav RV recipe is from Marcy Goldman.  I hesitated posting this since you have to pay to get the recipe from her website.  But let me know if you are interested and I can ask her if I can post it.  It has quite a bit of cocoa and you can taste it but not so much that it tastes like a chocolate cake.  I think the debate on whether or not RV should taste like vanilla or choc (or whether it should have cream cheese or old-fashioned frosting) will go on forever.  I don’t know which is correct but I just know what I like.  This one also has sour cream and butter in it and no buttermilk or vinegar.

Signature 

“If we couldn’t laugh, we would all go insane.” ~ Jimmy Buffett

Posted: 17 November 2008 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-29

i learned the hard way that if you don’t combine the ingredients in the right order it will never come together!  in order to remedy my weeoy, badly made wccc bc i mixed a batch of mousseline and gradually added the soft wccc. it’s not as tangy as the original, but still v good.  if it’s only a matter of being too warm you can cool in fridge an rebeat OR beat over a bowl of ice.

jen

Signature 

http://www.ellavanilla.com

Posted: 08 December 2008 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-12-05

Hello Bakers,

can anyone forward lori’s recipe for red velvet cake?  I can seem to get through to her. Thanks,

Steve

Posted: 22 January 2009 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-09-07

hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could send me lori’s red velvet cake recipe…
thanks so much!
betsy

Posted: 11 March 2009 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-01-03

I’m in the same boat.  Is anyone able to send the red velvet cake recipe to me?  Having read this forum any number of times and hear people talking about it, I am at the stage where I am dying to try it.

Posted: 11 March 2009 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2007-11-17

I am in the process of reworking the Red Velvet recipe due to a few errors I found on some of the different pan size calculations.
I would appreciate it if the recipe was not posted.
Thank you,
Lori V.

Signature 

We should enjoy Today while it’s here because someday Today will be a Long Time Ago!
Pastries By Vreeke

3 of 3