2 of 2
Spice Cake with Peanut Buttercream
Posted: 14 July 2010 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1214
Joined  2009-11-24
Anne in NC - 15 July 2010 02:11 AM

Iggy & Patricia—beautiful cakes, both.  I’m going to have to try that swirl gag, Patricia!  Really pretty!

I have been wanting to make this frosting

In addition to chocolate, it would probably be awesome on a banana cake or on the white velvet cake!

I want to join the “better the next day club,” as I couldn’t agree more.  They get better and better—even the 4th day after baking is super fabulous.  I never judge a cake the day of baking, becuase I know whatever it is, it will be even better!!

Re Jif:  I find it very bitter with little peanut taste.  I’ve found that Arrowhead Mills natural organic is great, and once you stir it, it won’t separate again.  It’s very creamy and not grainy linke some naturals.  Its only ingredient is roasted peanuts, so I usually add a little extra salt to the recipe.

both great tips Anne…  I like the idea of the banana and the white velvet cake.  I will look for this peanut butter

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 15 July 2010 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2009-01-22

That’s a beautiful cake, Lina! Seeing all these recent posts with cakes from the new book is really making me want to go out and get that book, but I still haven’t made every cake from the first one.

Posted: 15 July 2010 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3171
Joined  2010-04-25

Iiggy—I should add that after storing, keep the Arrowhead Mills PB in the fridge, then bring the recipe quantity to room temp before using.

MP—I’m just the opposite!  I have the new one, dying to ge the old one, too, but haven’t made all the RHC’s!!

2 of 2