2 of 2
Almond Coffee Caramel Genoise
Posted: 01 July 2010 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3170
Joined  2010-04-25

I agree.  Perfect as is.  The cross hatching is gorgeous.  It’s reminiscent of Pierrot, which to me, along with the amazing color of the whole piece, makes it look really French old fashioned.  I think it’s completely elegant, and I wouldn’t change A THING.  Except who’s eating it, of course, should include me!!!

Posted: 01 July 2010 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-04-06

What a lovely cake; it sounds delicious smile  Well done!

Posted: 02 July 2010 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2009-01-22

My goodness, Julie, you are truly an artist! I’ve never made a cake look as good as you make yours look. Your cakes are beyond beautiful. Looking at your cakes makes me think I should give up cake baking and throw my stand mixer in the dumpster now.

Posted: 02 July 2010 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4795
Joined  2008-04-16

cm, thanks so much!

MP, please don’t throw out your mixer!  Only a few of mine turn out this well, but I wouldn’t have been able to do them if I hadn’t first learned from a slew of simpler cakes, and if I hadn’t been inspired by others on this site.

Signature 

Brød & Taylor Test Kitchen:  Greek-style yogurt recipe

Posted: 02 July 2010 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  339
Joined  2009-01-22

Of course I won’t, Julie smile. I know you know I was just being sarcastic. I love my stand mixer! But still, I look at your cakes and I don’t think I’ll ever make a cake as pretty as yours are. It’s not like my cakes are a complete train wreck, but they’re nothing compared to yours and some of the others I’ve seen here posted by other members. My piping skills are horrible and that limits me quite a bit on how nice I can make mine look. At least mine taste good and they haven’t poisoned anyone, so I think I’m doing okay for a hack. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

~Matthew smile

2 of 2