2 of 2
My Weigh KD-8000 Kitchen Scale
Posted: 03 February 2010 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2009-10-06

I purchased a KD-7000 a couple of months ago, and I think it’s great.  I really prefer weighing ingredients vs. measuring cups.  I think it’s much more precise, and takes some of the guess work out if results are not as good as expected.

I wish all recipes were given in weight.

Posted: 03 February 2010 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2008-04-16

Congratulations, Pop!  Welcome to our world.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Ultimate Cinnamon Rolls

Posted: 03 February 2010 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1153
Joined  2009-11-24
Pop - 03 February 2010 10:23 AM

I purchased a KD-7000 a couple of months ago, and I think it’s great.  I really prefer weighing ingredients vs. measuring cups.  I think it’s much more precise, and takes some of the guess work out if results are not as good as expected.

I wish all recipes were given in weight.

Yes, I too wish all recipes were given in weight.  I have some recipes I would love to bake in other sizes as well as do more consistently.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 03 February 2010 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  865
Joined  2008-03-09

Have you found Rose’s chart of weights, pp 439-42 in TCB yet, CRenee? Invaluable for converting your favourite recipes!!!!

Such a HUGE gift that Rose gave us in those few pages—the result of innumerable measuring trials over a three year period.

Posted: 03 February 2010 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1153
Joined  2009-11-24
Carolita - 03 February 2010 05:45 PM

Have you found Rose’s chart of weights, pp 439-42 in TCB yet, CRenee? Invaluable for converting your favourite recipes!!!!

Such a HUGE gift that Rose gave us in those few pages—the result of innumerable measuring trials over a three year period.

What???!!!! This forum is invaluable and its free!!!! I must have seen it before but only recently decided I needed it.  You should have seen me hop from my chair to find my TCB. This is exciting!! Better than searching for a recipe with the amount.  THANK YOU!

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 03 February 2010 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  535
Joined  2008-05-03
CRenee - 03 February 2010 06:04 PM

What???!!!! This forum is invaluable and its free!!!! I must have seen it before but only recently decided I needed it.  You should have seen me hop from my chair to find my TCB. This is exciting!! Better than searching for a recipe with the amount.  THANK YOU!

And pp 570 in The Bread Bible for more bread related ingredients.  Absolutely invaluable for converting recipes!

Posted: 18 March 2010 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2009-09-25
CRenee - 03 February 2010 06:04 PM

You should have seen me hop from my chair to find my TCB. This is exciting!! Better than searching for a recipe with the amount.  THANK YOU!

Heh heh heh!  I have a visual of that “EUREKA” momnent!

BTW, although the weight of the charts from Rose are very accurate, I would suggest that you do a few trials on your measured amounts and their weights for the type and brand of flour you use.  I have found that, especially with recipes that come from different parts of the South in the USA, that their 1 Cup of APF does not necessarily equal Rose’s 1C of flour.  I’m sure that the other agents like sugar, etc will not be a problem, but the flour seems to be so variable in the US, God only knows the weight difference of millers final product weights when comparing the same overseas…

Just my 2 cents worth.

Signature 

Tom <”))))>(
(TDWyatt)
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -Plato

Posted: 19 March 2010 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2009-09-25

addendum to the above post:  When one of Rose’s recipes calls for 250 gm of cake flour, it will be 250 gms of cake flour; my reference is for the conversion of volumetric recipes from other sources that you are converting to weight measures.

Signature 

Tom <”))))>(
(TDWyatt)
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -Plato

2 of 2