Addictive?
Posted: 20 February 2010 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  939
Joined  2009-09-16

Is it just me, or does anyone else find these forums addictive?  I just find them so informative.

Posted: 20 February 2010 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2009-05-26

Liza, it’s DEFINITELY not just you! I can’t count how many times I checked this forum a day. I’m pretty much obsessed red face. Well, I’d say it’s not a bad thing to be obsessed about baking and baking forum. What do you think? smile
And yes this forum is soooo informative! I have learned so much more about baking from here. Not to mention being in such great company of people who are not only very knowledgeable, but also are very nice and supportive! It’s like having a baking family smile.
Hm… ok, if I sound a little crazy now it’s because I just made lemon curd and mousseline buttercream (with 1/2 the lemon curd). I had a taste and it’s divine!

Signature 

http://www.knittybaker.blogspot.com/

Posted: 20 February 2010 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16

Liza, Jenn, welcome to our world!  Jenn, lemon curd mousseline is one of my all-time favorites, may I have some too, please?

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 21 February 2010 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-26

1 order of lemon curd mousseline coming up to wherever you are Julie - via FedEx overnight? smile
What’s your favorite pairing of lemon curd mousseline?

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2010 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4781
Joined  2008-04-16
Jenn - 21 February 2010 05:54 PM

What’s your favorite pairing of lemon curd mousseline?

Either Golden Genoise (pictured in the Cake Bible with lemon curd mousseline), or Genoise Riche (extra-butter variation of classic genoise).  But then, genoise is nearly always my favorite type of cake.  If you love butter cake, go that route.

Signature 

B&T Blog:  Cultured Butter Recipe

Posted: 21 February 2010 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-26

Julie - I’m with you. Genoise is my favorite. Both to make and to eat. I would have to try the Golden Genoise one of these day (paired with lemon curd mousseline of course wink ).

Signature 

Posted: 21 February 2010 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1174
Joined  2009-11-24

Julie, Jenn - I have to try the Golden Genoise one day also.  And, I too love lemon curd mousseline - served it yesterday…pics and post coming shortly I think. 

Meanwhile, yes, Liza, Others, I would say this particular forum is certainly addictive.  It is very informative and provides a fab community for a new as well as passionate baker. I find others cannot appreciate my passion the way members on this forum do.  Further, since I have been a regular here, my baking (in just a few months) have improved.  I am encouraged and challenged. I also check it almost every day and look forward to sharing my successes and flops.

Signature 

So many recipes - so little time.

Posted: 08 March 2010 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-02-28

OK, so I know that I’m a month behind, but I also find this addicitve.  I guess it is fun sharing your experiences in the kitchen with others.  I check in here daily now.  Happy to have found this place.  yey cool hmm

Signature 

Get great recipes ideas at Homemade Cake Recipe

Posted: 21 April 2010 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2010-04-11

Ditto what everyone else said, certainly addictive, but hey, this place is the equivalent of being addicted to sugar dates. What do I mean you say? Well, they are rich, fabulous, versatile and best of all, good for you too. Does it get any better?

Signature 

http://www.vanillaexpressions.com