peanut butter cake
Posted: 16 February 2008 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2008-02-16

Does anyone know where i can find a recipe for peanut butter cake?

Posted: 16 February 2008 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  764
Joined  2007-11-15

Try Baking 9-1-1 , Sarah Phillips’s website, she has all sorts of recipes on there and I think I’ve seen a peanut butter cake mentioned.  Hope this helps!
There may be one in Rose’s Cake Bible but I don’t recall seeing one.

Posted: 16 February 2008 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2568
Joined  2007-11-15

Try allrecipes.com too.  The recipes on that site are rated by those who try them, and you can read the reviews too… you’re sure to find a good recipe there.

Signature 

Come visit my blog at

http://butteryum.blogspot.com

Posted: 16 February 2008 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  764
Joined  2007-11-15

Thanks for that tip, Patrincia, I have just bookmarked that website, it looks good! tongue laugh

Posted: 17 February 2008 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2008-01-21

I just got a cookbook for Christmas called Southern Cakes by Nancie McDermott. She’s got a recipe by James McNair for a peanut butter cake. It calls for peanut butter-cream cheese icing, which sounds a little too funky for me.

Coincidentally, I was also given at Christmas a springerle mold that came with a cookbooklet. Last recipe was for peanut butter fondant, for kids to play with when using the molds. I’m thinking about some kind of “Reese’s peanut butter cup-style” cake with peanut butter fondant and chocolate ganache. I asked my husband about it, and he made a face. So I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to making it.

Posted: 18 February 2008 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2007-11-24

I saw a “Fat Elvis” cake at our local diner, the Blue Plate. Banana cake layers, peanut butter frosting between the layers, and a chocolate frosting on the outside.

I didn’t try it, though. I like their deep-dish chocolate cream pie best of all.

Chocolate + peanut butter is a classic combination—go ahead and try it someday!

Signature 

Please visit my blog:
Bungalow Barbara

Posted: 25 February 2008 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  592
Joined  2007-11-27

If you decide to use a peanut butter buttercream instead of a PB cake, I melt a little bit of PB in the microwave and add it to the Italian Meringue BCRM.  Softening it in the microwave helps to incorporate it better when you use it for frosting.

Signature 

I Dream of Jeanne Cakes selected by Brides Magazine as one of their 100 Favorite Bakers (2013)